Customer Service 866.965.0400

Iron remover

CoonHound693

Question

Should I use iron remover before I clay? My truck hasn’t been clayed in a 1 1/2 years. I just stripped washed it and it’s  squeaky clean.  I can’t believe how much grit  collected in the paint.   I never used iron remover before and wasn’t sure if it would be just wasting product.  

Edited by CoonHound693

15 answers to this question

I like the iron Remover before too, seems to break up some of the bigger Iron deposits.  I believe the less the clay needs to remove the better, so if the Iron remover, removes some of the bigger deposits then that's less that the clay removes. 

2 minutes ago, CoonHound693 said:

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.  So far I’m impressed with Adam’s products, so much so that I just placed a third order within a week.  to

bad I didn’t figure this out sooner, I would have just ordered the ultimate kit. 

Those are signs the addiction has set in. And the Ultimate Kit has been a suggestion elsewhere on here, it's a good good option. The addiction is real.

12 hours ago, CoonHound693 said:

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.  So far I’m impressed with Adam’s products, so much so that I just placed a third order within a week.  to

bad I didn’t figure this out sooner, I would have just ordered the ultimate kit. 

The ultimate kit is expensive out of the gate, but it does offer everything. That said its also half the fun of this to place orders and get things like mystery boxes (A great way to help build a collection early on or restock later on) 

10 hours ago, CoonHound693 said:

Thankfully my wife stays out of the garage.  

Mine has just learned to not ask because I will just not answer the question. 

12 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Those are signs the addiction has set in. And the Ultimate Kit has been a suggestion elsewhere on here, it's a good good option. The addiction is real.

The addiction starts with the first, its just not realized yet lol. 

19 hours ago, CoonHound693 said:

Thankfully my wife stays out of the garage.  

8 hours ago, pirahnah3 said:

Mine has just learned to not ask because I will just not answer the question. 

Mine has asked in the past but then I just ask her if she's happy with how clean and on point her car is ... Seems to end the convo lol 

Until I used Iron Remover on all the vehicles, I didn't how much iron, rail dust, etc., was on each vehicle.  The Malibu wasn't bad, the Colorado had a bit more, the CX-5 a bit more and the Range Rover is always nasty.  I know part of the problem with the Range Rover is the brake pads, they have got to be change to something better, but the amount that accumulates on the vehicle is crazy.  I 've also found that a bottle does seem to go a long way.

As for the wife's involvement, she's a co-dependent.  She tells me when there are sales, she makes sure the orders are always $100 or more to prevent the shipping charges.  This is also why I make sure my wish list always has plenty of products in it.  Unless I tell her I need someone, she picks items off the wishlist that are on sale and orders - I have a wonderful wife, and yes I keep her car spotless.

7 minutes ago, js1990 said:

So the iron remover doesn’t have any harsh chemicals that could potentially damage the clear coat, correct? I wanted to try a bottle of it but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

It has chemicals that dissolve iron. It’s pretty harsh stuff. It’s also safe for clear coat finishes with the caveat that you really don’t want it to dry on the vehicle. So be aware of that and use it. We use it on every detail. 

1 minute ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

It has chemicals that dissolve iron. It’s pretty harsh stuff. It’s also safe for clear coat finishes with the caveat that you really don’t want it to dry on the vehicle. So be aware of that and use it. We use it on every detail. 

That’s good to know. I guess using it in smaller sections rather than the whole vehicle at once would be much better. 

Nope. Use it on the whole vehicle.    Let it dwell for a few mins but don't let it dry.  Hose it off.

Could NOT be simpler.

I would NOT use it in the heat of the day under bright sunshine.

Wow,  I cannot believe how well the iron remover works.   My entire truck turned purple.  I had no idea the Florida sun baked so much crap into my paint.   I used an entire 16oz bottle on my f150.  

Its smells pretty good also, but I will definitely use a mask next time.