Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official Garage or Detail Shop Picture Thread?

crrafferty89

7 minutes ago, Dhildebrand86 said:

@Rick @ RAD Garage

Love your setup and videos! 

Can I ask where you go a few of your storage solutions? Namely the stainless steel shelves for your gallons and the bar you used for your spray bottles?

What solution do you have for towel storage? 

I've started my garage but have a ways to go.

Thanks for the nice feedback. I have a bunch of stuff I picked up at Ikea that really fits the bill. For towels, my entire bank of cabinets along the back wall house my collection of towels. I'll post a pic. 

Here's additional info about my storage situation: https://www.radgarage.ca/organization.html

Your garage looks pretty awesome. Keep up the great work!  

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

Edited by Rick @ RAD Garage

• 2 months later...

You guys have some great garages! I'm really new to detailing and just started to figure out what I need in March. So far this is what I have chosen for a set up. All I have been detailing is my truck, my wife's car, and my motorcycle. Between Youtube and this forum I've been learning lots.

I use my garage as my workshop for various projects and it also has my gym in it so everything competes for space haha.

86m9MeiqRhaQY5TMphnN3w.thumb.jpg.07b35ad8a62900651dbae91503da3b7c.jpgswyxq5qMRkuCSYFJL9HRtw.thumb.jpg.1298af08c34083da9117f69e6dc3e885.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

So, Sorry for my ignorance, but how do these cool floors work? Are they just there to be decorative? They look great for sure, but looking closely they seem to be intentionally pervious, does that mean they used for drainage?

Here's what I'm picturing in my head, some how, there was a drainage pipe installed in the concrete of the garage; then, there was waterproofing and a drainage mat laid on the garage concrete; and, these tiles go ontop of that. Am I crazy?

34 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

So, Sorry for my ignorance, but how do these cool floors work? Are they just there to be decorative? They look great for sure, but looking closely they seem to be intentionally pervious, does that mean they used for drainage?

Here's what I'm picturing in my head, some how, there was a drainage pipe installed in the concrete of the garage; then, there was waterproofing and a drainage mat laid on the garage concrete; and, these tiles go ontop of that. Am I crazy?

@Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin they are definitely functional.  Those particular tiles (im guessing they are the Racedeck brand) snap Place.  There is no need to waterproof underneath.  I can only assume

most garage floors are pitched towards the opening so any snow melt drains.   I just recently used a floor jack and  jack stands on them without any damage to the tiles.   
 My OCD then kicked in and realizes that that all the dirt and debris will sit on the floor under the tiles..... with you then can do is the floor pulls up in two large pieces.  you could drag it outside power wash it.  Blow and/or mop the garage floor then drag it back in and snap it back together.