Customer Service 866.965.0400

Microfiber specs

Editguy

Question

Why doesn't Adam's publish the detailed specs of the towels they sell? It would be nice to know things like the GSM, composition and country of origin of the towels to make better direct comparisons with other brands. I started looking around and sampling what other options are out there and there are some interesting offerings and varieties. Adam's could really use a towel like The Rag Companies Edgeless 365 in the lineup and some color options for keeping towels separate for various applications would be nice too.

9 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Editguy said:

Why doesn't Adam's publish the detailed specs of the towels they sell? It would be nice to know things like the GSM, composition and country of origin of the towels to make better direct comparisons with other brands. I started looking around and sampling what other options are out there and there are some interesting offerings and varieties. Adam's could really use a towel like The Rag Companies Edgeless 365 in the lineup and some color options for keeping towels separate for various applications would be nice too.

They do. Check each product page on their website. Here's one example for the Single Soft:

Screenshot_20180829-185156.thumb.png.859f0cc72a6c919bbd82cce22014ba2e.png

Just now, Editguy said:

Oh snap my bad I didn't see that. Do you know if they are all 70/30 or 80/20?

Sorry, I don't. Perhaps someone else can help out with that one. Oh, took me a second, but some other specs are consolidated here:

13 minutes ago, imatt27 said:

this was a great video that explained each towel. 

Thanks Matt, I had never seen that video and I thought I watched all of them! That video should be pinned to the top of this sub-forum

Edited by Editguy

2 minutes ago, Editguy said:

Thanks Matt, I had never seen that video and I thought I watched all of them! That video should be pinned to the top of this sub-forum

I really enjoyed it and I actually purchased 2 kits with all of these towels. Very handy and the video explains what the uses are. ??

3 minutes ago, imatt27 said:

I really enjoyed it and I actually purchased 2 kits with all of these towels. Very handy and the video explains what the uses are. ??

I have a few of each of these in my collection also. I'm starting to looking to buy additional sets of towels for different things like wheels only, engine bay only, stuff like that, and it would be nice to have color options for the different tasks and some different lower GSM/lower cost options for the dirtier tasks where I want more pile than the utility towel offers. I would love to see Adam's expand the lineup in this area.

20 hours ago, Editguy said:

I have a few of each of these in my collection also. I'm starting to looking to buy additional sets of towels for different things like wheels only, engine bay only, stuff like that, and it would be nice to have color options for the different tasks and some different lower GSM/lower cost options for the dirtier tasks where I want more pile than the utility towel offers. I would love to see Adam's expand the lineup in this area.

If you’re looking for multiple colors, should try The Rag Company. Solid mfg’er of towels and they have a great selection of colors, GSM, and splits. I’m not 100% certain, but either Adam’s edgeless towel is either made by them or was inspired by their Eagle Edgeless. 

2 hours ago, BHarris23 said:

If you’re looking for multiple colors, should try The Rag Company. Solid mfg’er of towels and they have a great selection of colors, GSM, and splits. I’m not 100% certain, but either Adam’s edgeless towel is either made by them or was inspired by their Eagle Edgeless. 

That's where I have been comparing and just received several sets from them. I'm looking forward to trying them out this weekend.