Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Boost By Itself

TR6speed

Question

I guess I am old school and have stuck with the basic wax and wax.  I have not tried the ceramic Coating as my car is not a daily driver, but was wondering about the boost.  My normal detail procedure is a strip wax, correction polish where and if needed, followed by a complete finish polish, then a coat of Brilliant Glaze and finish with a coat of American.  Will the boost be of any benefit, or simply disregard using it?

6 answers to this question

Opinions will differ. Mine is to skip the boost. It’s best paired with ceramic products. I would put a proper seal/glaze/wax finish against a ceramic one in terms of appearance any day. It just doesn’t share the durability, and that durability doesn’t come from a spray topper which in this case is essentially a silica based spray sealant. 

I have used Ceramic Boost 1.0 on top of wax and by itself a few times.  While I agree with @shane@detailedreflections that as far as doing a whole vehicle it probably doesn't make the most sense, I have done one to try it.  However, the rims, back of the outside mirrors, front clip and other places that get a lot of bugs or brake dust, it seems to make cleanup that much easier.  If you have a truck with Flat Black running boards, it makes them stand out and clean up much easier also.

The place that I found it to be exception as a complete standalone product is on the lawn mowers (rider and push), both the outside and under the decks.  When I'm done mowing, all I have to do is hit them with the blower and the grass and dirt comes right off.   On the motorcycle, I use it on the underside of the fenders, again it makes it easier to clean off anything that gets on there.  I'm sure an actual coating would be a step up, but I can't see investing in a coating for the lawn mower when CB 1.0 does the trick.

A friend up north also said it works good on snow shovels and keeps the sticky wet snow from actually sticking.  I  have not had to try it in South Carolina, so I cannot confirm that it works, but it sounds reasonable based on the lawn mower experience.   If you get a bottle by choice or via Mystery box, keep it and experiment, you'll find uses even if they are unconventional.

Edited by RayS

I think the new Ceramic Boost 2.0 is a viable standalone.  I would pair it with say Wash & Wax washes and then a layer of CB every 1-3 months.  You'll have a sparkly and hydrophobic car.  

I've moved on to coatings and I cannot emphasize this enough — I am NEVER going back to polymer Sealants/Waxes.   No more 1-2 hours to apply a layer of a supposed 6 month Sealant or paste wax to see no beading or effects of an LSP on the surface just weeks later.