Customer Service 866.965.0400

Amazing Transformation

RayS

Amazing what you find when you start going through your pictures.  What is more amazing is when you look back a year and 10 days and see such a difference in a vehicle. 

When I bought my truck, I was using a competitors products and while I knew it was a good product, I was pretty sure my truck could look better.   I have a picture of the first full detail I did when the truck was barely a month old.  The method used on truck for the August 16, 2017 picture is basically the same method used on the August 26, 2018 picture.   The time of day was within 30 minutes of each other and it happens that the truck was parked in the same spot. 

The truck was a full detail, wash, clay, fix all the funky spots, seal, wax and I was happy.  I received some compliments on the truck, the water beaded,  I had no complaints.  The question was how and by using what, could I get it to look better.  I knew I was good at detailing, yet I saw way too many vehicles that told me there were better products, methods and Detailers, so I knew I had room for improvement.  The question was what did I need to change, learn and work on to up my game.

I started researching, reading, asking questions, more reading and watching a few video's.  It came down to 3 consumer grade products and I made the choice to go with Adam's because of the information available on the product site and this forum.  I started with a few basic products to test the waters and was impressed with the ease of use and outcome. Over the next several months I continued to read, learn and listen to the users, "this forum", to continue to improve on the quality of the job.

Now we jump forward a year, add 7,000 miles and 12 months of being parked outside and multiple months of using Adam's and you end up with a depth and glow that blows away the original products that I was using.  I am looking forward to seeing what another year with bring with talking with the forum members, experimenting and working on improvements.  I am confident that if I continue to use the Adam's products and learning from Expert and Master Detailers on this forum, I'll be able to achieve a higher level.

A big thank you goes to all the members who share their stories, provide feedback and to the Adam's team for the products they produce.

Truck Aug 2017 - Pre Adams.JPG

August Wash & Detail Spray 2.jpeg

Ha, I just had a similar transformation on my old truck.  It is an 05 with 263,000 and I have never taken care of it properly at all.  Then I bought a 15mm swirl killer and other Adam's products for my new car and decided to practice on my truck.  The difference was ridiculous....

Before

BtekkDQJQ5qVskahnwjzWQ.thumb.jpg.a16f3283b2de7bb1d78d2fed75af93c1.jpg

After

fullsizeoutput_cd1.thumb.jpeg.111378268886ca7a2ce482718ce573d8.jpeg

2 hours ago, bikeryder007 said:

Ha, I just had a similar transformation on my old truck.  It is an 05 with 263,000 and I have never taken care of it properly at all.  Then I bought a 15mm swirl killer and other Adam's products for my new car and decided to practice on my truck.  The difference was ridiculous....

Before

BtekkDQJQ5qVskahnwjzWQ.thumb.jpg.a16f3283b2de7bb1d78d2fed75af93c1.jpg

After

fullsizeoutput_cd1.thumb.jpeg.111378268886ca7a2ce482718ce573d8.jpeg

I'm planning to embark on the same journey with my 04 Titan... I bought a SK 15mm to polish and seal the wife's new Highlander, but figured I'd practice on the old truck. On mine the clear coat starting to go in spots, so I don't think it will come out as good as yours, but I'm still excited to see how well it handles that 15yr old abused paint.

17 minutes ago, rseward said:

I'm planning to embark on the same journey with my 04 Titan... I bought a SK 15mm to polish and seal the wife's new Highlander, but figured I'd practice on the old truck. On mine the clear coat starting to go in spots, so I don't think it will come out as good as yours, but I'm still excited to see how well it handles that 15yr old abused paint.

Actually man, my clear coat is going in spots too, along with rust spots, and small dents from using my truck shuttling DH mountain bike runs.  Of course, it did not fix the clear coat spots, but the truck is overall so shiny it does not matter.  Good luck with it!