Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Truck Brush

Product request?  I see you have the Adam's Truck Brush out there, but is there a way to do something very similar, but with even better material to help with those jobs that need something like that?  My truck may be a daily driver, but not sure I want to use that brush for the roof, etc areas I can't reach.  And we have a travel trailer, too, that I am looking for a washing option for, but with the way trailers seem to be so touchy on being taken care of, would love something softer for that, too, that I can use with a foam gun.

I already have the telescoping pole, just need a good brush head to put on there now for those jobs.

11 minutes ago, Eric91Z said:

Product request?  I see you have the Adam's Truck Brush out there, but is there a way to do something very similar, but with even better material to help with those jobs that need something like that?  My truck may be a daily driver, but not sure I want to use that brush for the roof, etc areas I can't reach.  And we have a travel trailer, too, that I am looking for a washing option for, but with the way trailers seem to be so touchy on being taken care of, would love something softer for that, too, that I can use with a foam gun.

I already have the telescoping pole, just need a good brush head to put on there now for those jobs.

Maybe try a Microfiber mop head, like what you'd use on wood floors?

16 minutes ago, rseward said:

Maybe try a Microfiber mop head, like what you'd use on wood floors?

Something like this might even allow you to use the microfiber towel of your choice

Mop.PNG

Edited by rseward

9 minutes ago, rseward said:

Something like this might even allow you to use the microfiber towel of you choosing. 

Mop.PNG

Yes, that could work.  Mop head would have to be able to attach to the extending pole I already have - like the Truck Brush does.  And would just have to wonder how good that type of material is for washing like the Wash Mit or Wash Pad.  Would love to see them come up with a solution like the Truck Brush, but with better contact surface material...

6 minutes ago, Eric91Z said:

Yes, that could work.  Mop head would have to be able to attach to the extending pole I already have - like the Truck Brush does.  And would just have to wonder how good that type of material is for washing like the Wash Mit or Wash Pad.  Would love to see them come up with a solution like the Truck Brush, but with better contact surface material...

I clipped that from Amazon and that mop does come apart.... not sure if it would fit your pole.  https://www.amazon.com/MAYSHINE-Microfiber-Hardwood-Floor-Dust/dp/B07B9VZ1SH/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1536332604&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=wood+floor+mop+head&psc=1

image.png.1e5d0671c5d277fc00f12b43918ceb3c.png

Eric, you state you have the telescopic Pole. Do you have Adam's Truck Brush Head? It's made of the same super soft material as Adam's Wheel Brush. It's perfect for the areas you can't easily reach, like the roof of your truck. We've used the Truck Brush to clean the entire exterior of our Ford F550 we leave at the Carlisle Fairground with no marring, scratches or swirls anywhere. I used it just a few weeks ago to wash the complete exterior of our 20' enclosed locker trailer that again sits on the Fairgrounds without leaving a mark.

You'll still want to use it in the Two Bucket Wash way, the long bristles rinse clean when worked in the Rinse Water Bucket, and are then ready to go back into the Wash Water Bucket ready to clean the next pass or two.

8 minutes ago, BRZN said:

Eric, you state you have the telescopic Pole. Do you have Adam's Truck Brush Head? It's made of the same super soft material as Adam's Wheel Brush. It's perfect for the areas you can't easily reach, like the roof of your truck. We've used the Truck Brush to clean the entire exterior of our Ford F550 we leave at the Carlisle Fairground with no marring, scratches or swirls anywhere. I used it just a few weeks ago to wash the complete exterior of our 20' enclosed locker trailer that again sits on the Fairgrounds without leaving a mark.

You'll still want to use it in the Two Bucket Wash way, the long bristles rinse clean when worked in the Rinse Water Bucket, and are then ready to go back into the Wash Water Bucket ready to clean the next pass or two.

No, I have not ordered the Truck Brush and thus the reason I started this post.  The Adam's site specifically warns can causing marring or scratches when using the truck brush.  I know you may not see them on the roof of the truck, but that's not good for the paint.  I do have the Wheel Brush and have used without issue so far on the wheels.  Just going off the warning that they have listed on the Truck Brush.  Would just hate to scratch the paint on either the truck or the camper.

And goes without saying would still use the 2 bucket method with whatever I end up using.  Just saying, would be nice if Adam's looking into an option like the Truck Brush, but softer wash surface...

Edited by Eric91Z

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Harbor Freight today, and just happened to come across a product called “Telescoping Car Wash Mop”

Basically a microfiber mop head on a telescoping handle. It was $9.99.

The HF microfiber may not be as gentle on your paint as a high quality microfiber or wash mitt, but it will definitely be more gentle than a brush.

Personlly I thought the one included seemed fine. 

Edited by rseward

I do use a brush on my toneau cover and the taller rigs.  I bought the brush around 10 years or so ago for the sides of the motorhome and it is as soft as can be.  The telescoping pole goes from 6 feet to 12 feet and it can be connected to the hose.  The only time I have connected the hose to it is when I was doing the roof where I needed a steady stream of water with the chemicals.

In looking at the Adam's brush online, it appears similar to what I have and the cost is comparable.  It was way too long ago that I purchased it, but if I remember correctly there was a disclaimer about delicate surfaces.   I am not going to wash my entire vehicle with it, but I have not had any problems with using it on well lubricated (soapy) surfaces with light pressure,  basically the weight of the brush on the surface.