Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time using Adams one step polish

Amish R/T

Question

My first time doing paint correction,  and I have ordered the Adams pads, the one step, along with the other compunds.  I was wondering if anyone may be able to give me some advice for the one step polishe,  and paint correction.  Is it safe to use Adams one step in the sunlight,  or do I need to get the HDspeed from 3D. Any help would be greatly appreciated

4 answers to this question

If you can avoid it you never want to polish in direct sunlight. The heat on the paint surface can make it harder to remove the residue. 

As as far as a one step product goes, it will never polish or protect as well as dedicated products. One step products are generally a compromise to get them to perform multiple functions. 

The polish in the one step is not very aggressive. To call it a paint correction is a bit of a stretch. It will improve the finish typically. If that improvement is satisfactory or not depends on your goals and expectations. 

You can “one step” a paint correction, but it’s usually just meaning you’re doing one step of polishing (correcting or finishing).

The one step product is an all in one product that allows you to do everything in a single step pretty much. But you’re making compromises with the product. 

All in one products have their place, but they’re generally aimed at detailers or people who “detail for dollars.” We use an all in one in our basic service. It allows us to minimize time and get a result that’s acceptable for the majority of clients. Even then, we use a spray topper to gain some more durability. 

I had great results with one step,  I still used a protection afterwards.  But it took my swirls out of Black Chevy paint.  

I followed the instructions and used it with Orange pad first, then as a finishing step with the white pads.

I like it because it has more Sio2 than finishing polish.

I have all of Adam’s polishes, and use them,  but this past spring I used the One Step by itself as mentioned above and loved the results.