Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brushed up against the corner of my house now my Ca maro has white paint around the wheel well

KingT

Question

Hello all. I have a quick question and would appreciate all the help I can get. Not paying attention I pulled out of my garage and lightly scraped the side of my house. I caught it before I dented or scratched the paint to the metal. It looks like the paint just got on my cars paint. I tried a little all purpose cleaner and some of it came off but not all. If anyone has any suggestions, or has been through this unfortunate situation. Your response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

Sorry to hear this, but might be an easy fix. Can you post some pics in the meantime? Do you have a polisher and/or any polish? Revive? Clay? Those may all be of help. 

I’ll post pictures tomorrow in the daylight. I don’t have a polisher, I do have the hand revive and a clay bar as well. I’ll give them a try tomorrow and update. Thanks 

1 hour ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Try clay. If that doesn’t work, try a finishing polish. The abrasive is sometimes just enough to grab it and rip it off. 

Just remember to apply whatever protection you usually use on it again. 

I’ll give them both a try and report back tomorrow. Thanks 

Clay and DS should take it off. I rode over wet road paint once with my black car and didn't notice it till the next day.  Clay, DS, and a good bit of elbow grease got all the yellow paint off.  Good luck.

1 hour ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Some clay and/or polish should rip that right off most likely. 

28 minutes ago, Rich said:

Clay and DS should take it off. I rode over wet road paint once with my black car and didn't notice it till the next day.  Clay, DS, and a good bit of elbow grease got all the yellow paint off.  Good luck.

Thats great to hear, I didn’t want to have to take her to the dealership. Thanks for the answers much appreciated.