Customer Service 866.965.0400

Winter Prep already

67's

Question

14 answers to this question

I started thinking about my winter prep a couple of weeks ago.  I ordered one of the 8 bottle bags since my other bag was worn out. The 8 bottle bag is nice and should be able to hold everything I need, minus the number of towels, for Florida to take care of the two SUV's and more importantly the two golf carts.

I am going to do something different with the golf carts this year.  Once they are prepped, I am going to hit them with America and then go over them with CB 2.0.  Based on the way the grass and dust falls on my riding mower, I tend to think the grass and dirt that gets kicked up on the golf cars should pretty much fall off.  Normally by the time spring rolls around they are in pretty filthy shape, so this may keep them looking nice a bit longer.

As far as my own winter prep, I haven't had to do that since I left upstate NY 19 years ago and I don't miss it whatsoever.   As as I'm writing this, the outside temperature is a pleasant 91, with reasonable humidity.    

On 9/22/2018 at 1:43 PM, RayS said:

As far as my own winter prep, I haven't had to do that since I left upstate NY 19 years ago and I don't miss it whatsoever.   As as I'm writing this, the outside temperature is a pleasant 91, with reasonable humidity.    

As someone who moved from Pennsylvania to Georgia 3 years ago, I couldn't agree with you more!! In PA, it used to be prepping the car and making sure it has a good coat of wax and sealant. Now it's simply business as usual! I sure don't miss the road salt and brine that they use up north.

From a curiosity standpoint, I'd be interested in how Glass Sealant and Brilliant Glaze works with the winter stuff.  I tried everything imaginable from Rain-X to anything in between for the winter windshield.  While I don't have the problem in the south, running between Rochester, Buffalo and Syracuse gave me plenty of junk on the windshield to the point the I could never keep it clean. 

The inside was also a challenge with all the temperature changes and fogging up, plus mix a few freezing rain areas south-east of the lakes and it was really pleasure driving most of the time.  Again, I don't have the problem anymore, but if the GS and BG help, I have a bunch of family and friends that would like to know about it.

4 hours ago, RayS said:

From a curiosity standpoint, I'd be interested in how Glass Sealant and Brilliant Glaze works with the winter stuff.  I tried everything imaginable from Rain-X to anything in between for the winter windshield.  While I don't have the problem in the south, running between Rochester, Buffalo and Syracuse gave me plenty of junk on the windshield to the point the I could never keep it clean. 

The inside was also a challenge with all the temperature changes and fogging up, plus mix a few freezing rain areas south-east of the lakes and it was really pleasure driving most of the time.  Again, I don't have the problem anymore, but if the GS and BG help, I have a bunch of family and friends that would like to know about it.

They work wonders. I recommend you get and apply them both.