Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing ceramic coating

4sfed

Question

Hey everyone. :)

WELP!  I did the full prep for the ceramic coating and did the ceramic coating myself (and my back is reminding me why I don't do this).  However....I messed up one of the doors.  I'm not sure if I put it on too thick in this area, or waited too long to wipe it off (or just didn't wipe it off at all), but I'd like to hear your alls input on how to remove the Adams Ceramic coating from a door panel, so I can reapply it properly.

Thanks in advance,

S :)

4 answers to this question

You can either try a little brilliant glaze on a towel and see if it’ll eliminate the high spot. If it doesn’t, you can take a finishing polish to it and knock down the high spot. 

You’re not in big trouble with Adam’s Polishes coatings when this happens. 

13 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

You can either try a little brilliant glaze on a towel and see if it’ll eliminate the high spot. If it doesn’t, you can take a finishing polish to it and knock down the high spot. 

You’re not in big trouble with Adam’s Polishes coatings when this happens. 

THANK YOU for the advice. Much appreciated. Please note though, that I'm a DIY'er, not a professional detailer.

So...how does a high spot present itself?  This is a darker region with some roughness.  Is that a high spot?

Thanks again. ? 

Yes. It’ll be a dull spot, or even a spot that feels rough. It’s coating that wasn’t removed properly. The Adams coating comes off with a polish. So a finishing polish will make quick work of the small high spots. Removing the whole coating takes a bit more effort, but isn’t too difficult. 

7 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Yes. It’ll be a dull spot, or even a spot that feels rough. It’s coating that wasn’t removed properly. The Adams coating comes off with a polish. So a finishing polish will make quick work of the small high spots. Removing the whole coating takes a bit more effort, but isn’t too difficult. 

Awesome!  Thank you!