Customer Service 866.965.0400

New car!

ObsessedDetailer

My mom just got this 2016 Honda Pilot on Monday. I am going to do a full paint correction and wax, just thought I would share the Before pictures and hopefully I will be able to do the after pictures this weekend! Paint seems to be in OK condition. Can’t wait to adamize it ? (sorry for the bad pictures) I will get more tonight 

55725CC4-9A25-479A-BEB6-E7BCE6B127FB.jpeg

1D6FA0FD-B21C-40E1-AEF6-9682AC85FC47.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Rich said:

Looking forward to the after pics. Hopefully in the daylight!  ?

I will let you guys know how it goes once i clean it! it might be next weekend. I think my mom found like 5 rock.  chips after we left the dealer in the front windshield, so she is having it replaced on Monday thankfully for free. It has a clear bra on it and it is pretty scratched. Any ideas on how to fix it? I have seen people pour water out of a pot which Im assuming has been boiling for some time or a hair dryer? I feel like a hair dryer wont be enough heat.

52 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Well that's gonna be a chore! :pc:But I'm sure your mom will be really happy when you get done...and probably make you your favorite dinner ?

@shane@detailedreflections works with the PPF a lot, so maybe he can chime in for possible tips on the clear bra.

Thanks. I missed this post. As for the clear bra, it’s hard to say without knowing what brand of film it is and if it’s self healing. The popular films today are self healing and that process is done with some heat from a heat gun. 

You can try to do a fine polish on it with medium speed to see if that clears it up, or even start with Revive hand polish. Worst case scenario you pull the film and go from there. If the film is scratched, it’s done it’s job and protected your paint from what would have been coming your way. You can remove it and polish it out then have new film applied. Or leave it. 

If you pull it and want to attempt film yourself, we can cut and sell the kits. In full disclosure though, PPF is not quite so simple to work with. It can be rather frustrating. Just an offer. 

3 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Thanks. I missed this post. As for the clear bra, it’s hard to say without knowing what brand of film it is and if it’s self healing. The popular films today are self healing and that process is done with some heat from a heat gun. 

You can try to do a fine polish on it with medium speed to see if that clears it up, or even start with Revive hand polish. Worst case scenario you pull the film and go from there. If the film is scratched, it’s done it’s job and protected your paint from what would have been coming your way. You can remove it and polish it out then have new film applied. Or leave it. 

If you pull it and want to attempt film yourself, we can cut and sell the kits. In full disclosure though, PPF is not quite so simple to work with. It can be rather frustrating. Just an offer. 

Okay thanks! ill have to let you know!