Customer Service 866.965.0400

Orange Blower Question

Patstrick

Question

2 hours ago, falcaineer said:

The link isn't working for me, but if it's the orange Sidekick, it was a seasonal item in Fall 2016. I have one...frankly, think I got the last one left in stock (showed sold out after i got it)...and love it!

I saw the orange one on ebay.. was debating it but since i already have one ill probably pass. Wish they made more. Would be cool 

29 minutes ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

I saw the orange one on ebay.. was debating it but since i already have one ill probably pass. Wish they made more. Would be cool 

Maybe a silly question but what do you find it being the most useful for (Interior, exterior etc)? I don’t have one and I saw it on eBay as well. What did they go for new?

9 minutes ago, Iceman390D said:

Maybe a silly question but what do you find it being the most useful for (Interior, exterior etc)? I don’t have one and I saw it on eBay as well. What did they go for new?

Don't know as mine was a gift. But the white one is usually $99.99, currently on sale for $79.99. Add in the current 15% off "mystery" code and you're in the $60s. https://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/brushes/adam-s-blaster-sidekick.html I guess is depends on if you want orange or white.

I mostly use it for all the cracks and crevasses around the car, as well as wheels and tires. Basically anywhere water pools and runs once the car moves. Also great for engine bays. I think some use it for the interior, but I just haven't done that yet. There's a video at the product page linked above you can also check out.

Oh, and when/if you do get it, please feel free to learn from my mistake:

?

Edited by falcaineer

8 minutes ago, Iceman390D said:

o not a silly question at all! New they go for $80.00 but if you use one of the 15% off codes you can drop it down to $68. 00. I use it after i clean my rims to remove all water from hard to reach areas (lug nuts, barrels) and I find it to be very useful. i have been debating the master blaster. But Im not sure I want to spend $400.00 on it lol. It would be super cool to get it. I Also use mine for all cracks, headlights, engine bay after i clean it. So probably outside. I haven't really used it on the inside. I bet it would work well for blowing dust out and other stuff. I also use mine to dry out polishing pads too. It is very strong. 

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/brushes/adam-s-blaster-sidekick.html

Thanks for the help guys!! I have to admit I didn’t realize they still made them lol. I must have missed them because I don’t remember seeing them on the website. Thanks for the link and it does looks really cool!  I just watched the video on it. 

I agree, it would be really nice around wheels, lugs, engine compartments as well as any area water sits. Yep I think I see one in my future. Now do I go white or bid on the orange one?!?  My trucks white so maybe I go with the white one...

33 minutes ago, Iceman390D said:

Thanks for the help guys!! I have to admit I didn’t realize they still made them lol. I must have missed them because I don’t remember seeing them on the website. Thanks for the link and it does looks really cool!  I just watched the video on it. 

I agree, it would be really nice around wheels, lugs, engine compartments as well as any area water sits. Yep I think I see one in my future. Now do I go white or bid on the orange one?!?  My trucks white so maybe I go with the white one...

The orange is cool because it is a limited edition basically. They dont make the orange one jut the white. Doesn't matter which, they both do the same thing just depends on color choice and if you want to pay more for the one on ebay!;) 

8 hours ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

The orange is cool because it is a limited edition basically. They dont make the orange one jut the white. Doesn't matter which, they both do the same thing just depends on color choice and if you want to pay more for the one on ebay!;) 

I just ordered the white one and looking forward to using it!  I will be sure to use the attachments with it also. Thanks all ??!

5 minutes ago, imatt27 said:

I just ordered one and although the air pressure is great it seems that using a leaf blower is better for getting the majority of the water off the car. The sidekick is better for all the small cracks since it’s more focused air. 

Nice and I would say I have to agree on that. I’ve used a leaf blower (backpack) in the past for the whole vehicle. But I’m excited to use this for the fine detail areas. Given its size I think it would take to long to do a larger vehicle.

11 minutes ago, Iceman390D said:

Nice and I would say I have to agree on that. I’ve used a leaf blower (backpack) in the past for the whole vehicle. But I’m excited to use this for the fine detail areas. Given its size I think it would take to long to do a larger vehicle.

Depending on how smooth your cars surface is and what type of coating is on it, it will blow the water off with ease.  Enjoy!! 

1 minute ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

Depending on how smooth your cars surface is and what type of coating is on it, it will blow the water off with ease.  Enjoy!! 

Excellent point!  I will try both and maybe even put a timer on it to compare total time, results etc...

On 10/1/2018 at 11:58 AM, falcaineer said:

Trick with the leaf blower is it's not filtered air, so it's possible (likely?) you're blowing dust back onto the car. The Sidekick and MAster Blaster filter and warm the air.

Nothing more than you're blowing onto the car with the sidekick. Even though a leafblower isn't filtered its not like you're holding it in a pile of dust and blowing it on the car. Mine never goes near the floor and wouldn't have a chance to suck up big particles like that anyway. 

Either the leafblower or the sidekick will still blow dust onto the car inadvertently because there is dust floating in the air and you're blowing that dust onto the car. Either works fine though :) 

EDIT: As mentioned below, please have a leaf blower dedicated to drying cars. Don't use your dirt, grass/leaf filled lawn blower and dry your car with that. 

Edited by cwp2016nd

35 minutes ago, cwp2016nd said:

Nothing more than you're blowing onto the car with the sidekick. Even though a leafblower isn't filtered its not like you're holding it in a pile of dust and blowing it on the car. Mine never goes near the floor and wouldn't have a chance to suck up big particles like that anyway. 

Either the leafblower or the sidekick will still blow dust onto the car inadvertently because there is dust floating in the air and you're blowing that dust onto the car. Either works fine though :) 

If using a leaf blower, I wouldn’t use one that’s actually been used for leaves. Too much of a dirty environment and too much of a chance to have dust in it compared to a dedicated blower with filtered air. The leaf blower will work in a pinch, but it’s not something we would want to use on the regular unless that was the sole purpose in life. 

Food for thought. That being said, there’s plenty of people who use leaf blowers. 

3 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

If using a leaf blower, I wouldn’t use one that’s actually been used for leaves. Too much of a dirty environment and too much of a chance to have dust in it compared to a dedicated blower with filtered air. The leaf blower will work in a pinch, but it’s not something we would want to use on the regular unless that was the sole purpose in life. 

Food for thought. That being said, there’s plenty of people who use leaf blowers. 

That is a good point, I didn't think of that. My electric blower is car drying only and is stored indoors so I don't worry about that. 

1 hour ago, cwp2016nd said:

27 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

15 minutes ago, cwp2016nd said:

That is a good point, I didn't think of that. My electric blower is car drying only and is stored indoors so I don't worry about that. 

Shane added some details I should've included. Hopefully my input makes a bit more sense now.

I use a mini Ryobi  blower. Dedicated only to my Cars and Kawi ZX6R it's 50.00 at Home Depot. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt-ONE-Compact-Blower-P755/301289973

I got lucky and found one on eBay for 23.00 no batteries which I didn't mine because I have like 6 batteries for it. I don't like the idea of having a cord attached. If Adams Polishes would come up with a battery operated one I would buy. 

I have the sidekick, black, think purchased in 2013.  Used it quite a bit, but since have the master blaster never use it anymore.  Think I am going to give it away to a local friend that just bought $600 worth of product from me ;)

Edited by Liralen