Customer Service 866.965.0400

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 - Saturday!

cwp2016nd

It seems that these large trucks have a way of finding me. I will be doing a full detail on a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 this saturday. 

Exterior - 

Wash

Decon

Clay 

One step polish

Paint Sealant

Chrom Trim Polished

Interior - 

Thorough cleansing

Carpet/Seat "shampooing" 

Headliner Cleaned

Smoke Odor Removal 

Fully Dressed Plastics 

I will post some pictures of the truck tomorrow. The owner used to be a heavy smoker so I will be removing the smoke odor that lingers in the cabin. Thorough scrubbing/degreasing/steaming of every surface in the vehicle is necessary. I have a product that I will use at the end of the detail to kill that smoke smell. It should be fun! 

22 minutes ago, cwp2016nd said:

It seems that these large trucks have a way of finding me. I will be doing a full detail on a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 this saturday. 

Exterior - 

Wash

Decon

Clay 

One step polish

Paint Sealant

Chrom Trim Polished

Interior - 

Thorough cleansing

Carpet/Seat "shampooing" 

Headliner Cleaned

Smoke Odor Removal 

Fully Dressed Plastics 

I will post some pictures of the truck tomorrow. The owner used to be a heavy smoker so I will be removing the smoke odor that lingers in the cabin. Thorough scrubbing/degreasing/steaming of every surface in the vehicle is necessary. I have a product that I will use at the end of the detail to kill that smoke smell. It should be fun! 

This is where the ozone generator is needed. I have used it in vehicles, basements, bathrooms. There isn't really a place you can't use it. The important thing to remember about ozone is that you must follow the 3 P's (people, pets, and plants). There are just some smells that can't be removed without the use of an ozone machine. A major source is in the air ducts (besides the direct contact zone such as a headliner). The ozone doesn't just cover up smells, it literally disinfects them. It kills mold, mildew, and whatever else the type of funk is. They aren't that expensive. I bought an $80 unit on e-bay and have used it everywhere!

3 hours ago, tmevilsizor said:

This is where the ozone generator is needed. I have used it in vehicles, basements, bathrooms. There isn't really a place you can't use it. The important thing to remember about ozone is that you must follow the 3 P's (people, pets, and plants). There are just some smells that can't be removed without the use of an ozone machine. A major source is in the air ducts (besides the direct contact zone such as a headliner). The ozone doesn't just cover up smells, it literally disinfects them. It kills mold, mildew, and whatever else the type of funk is. They aren't that expensive. I bought an $80 unit on e-bay and have used it everywhere!

I will not be using an ozone generator but I bet I will kill the smoke smell. It is not necessarily "needed". I would still have to thoroughly clean the entire vehicle the same way. But then instead of using the ozone generator afterwards, I will be using a chemical that is highly successful in eliminating smoke odors. I have seen and heard of people using this chemical to remove smoke odors from homes that have had fires. I know for a fact it will kill cigarette smoke odor as well. 

It is a matter of being diligent about cleaning every surface to get rid of the tar/nicotine that has coated the interior of the vehicle. That is #1 priority. While the customer didn't specify he wants the smoke odor eliminated, he said he wants the interior cleaning to be the main focus of my detail. 

5 minutes ago, cwp2016nd said:

I will not be using an ozone generator but I bet I will kill the smoke smell. It is not necessarily "needed". I would still have to thoroughly clean the entire vehicle the same way. But then instead of using the ozone generator afterwards, I will be using a chemical that is highly successful in eliminating smoke odors. I have seen and heard of people using this chemical to remove smoke odors from homes that have had fires. I know for a fact it will kill cigarette smoke odor as well. 

It is a matter of being diligent about cleaning every surface to get rid of the tar/nicotine that has coated the interior of the vehicle. That is #1 priority. While the customer didn't specify he wants the smoke odor eliminated, he said he wants the interior cleaning to be the main focus of my detail. 

I have tried all of those things on my basement. Many different companies and products. I bought my house in January from a couple that had smoked in it for 12 years. We used TSP substitute to scrub and then squeegee the walls. We used killz primer and then painted the freshly cleaned walls and ceilings. We had the carpet professionally cleaned. Nothing would take the smoke smell out of the basement. I bought the Ozone machine and used it for around 10 hours over 2 days. Just like that the smell was gone. I understand that a vehicle doesn't have as much surface area as a house, but the sprays and chemicals take the smell out temporarily (maybe even months), but to truly eliminate the smell for good the Ozone generator is the best to have. I don't detail as a business owner, but just by word of mouth and when I have the time. It's a free service I throw in, and everyone comments on how fresh the car smells.

MY opinion is this; if you can remove odors permanently by using a machine (no maintenance and only the cost of electricity) versus buying chemicals to aid in removal, why wouldn't' you? There is no overhead or re-occurring expenses and thoroughly decontaminates with 0 effort on your part. Simply plug in and walk away. Just my $.02. 

I do not own an Ozone generator and have no interest to invest in a machine. 

The product I will be using permanently kills the smell, it is not a mask what-so-ever. It takes very little time to apply once I am done deep cleaning the interior and then I can continue onto the exterior of the vehicle afterwards instead of using the Ozone generator and waiting many hours for it to do it's thing. 

Different strokes for different folks. It would be a cool tool to have, but does not seem practical for me as a Detailer. I need to be quick, efficient, time conscious and most importantly, effective. 

Edited by cwp2016nd

I think you completely misunderstood my previous post. I didn’t try to convince you that you HAD to have an ozone generator in your arsenal. I was merely explaining the benifits and advantages to having one. I use mine for my limited customer base and I find it a cheap and well appreciated freebie. Keep on keeping on. 

Here’s a couple of before pictures. Going to start around 7:30AM and I’d really like to be finished by 3 but we will see. I’ll take some interior before pictures as well but the outside needs some love. 

frLPgRZ.jpg

LNf2SRT.jpg

STd1cIm.jpg

CnKB7gK.jpg

obIHiCc.jpg

M8mDHTw.jpg

9Ld5WEU.jpg

Ls29Ciq.jpg

op2ty7u.jpg

bsLAJ6n.jpg

gMvYbKL.jpg

yytxdCr.jpg

mfsJaln.jpg

vi3q8UM.jpg

5rz6TLr.jpg

Edited by cwp2016nd

On 10/1/2018 at 2:55 PM, tmevilsizor said:

MY opinion is this; if you can remove odors permanently by using a machine (no maintenance and only the cost of electricity) versus buying chemicals to aid in removal, why wouldn't' you? There is no overhead or re-occurring expenses and thoroughly decontaminates with 0 effort on your part. Simply plug in and walk away. Just my $.02. 

I agree on ozone being the absolute best way to eliminate odors. Ozone is the only true way to break it down at the molecular level. Not that odors can’t be eliminated using other means, but ozone is the fastest way. 

We haven’t made the investment to ozone yet, but it’s coming. We simply haven’t found the best need for it to help offset the cost. 

@pirahnah3 actually knows quite a bit about ozone machines. Maybe he can share some knowledge with us?

@cwp2016nd I don’t feel that ozone machines are absolutely required in any way. Like I said, we don’t have one...yet. It’s only a matter of time before we do make the purchase. But when talking odors, they are worth mentioning. From a business standpoint we can charge good money with little overhead to ozone odors. Put the machine in, turn it on. Make money. A bigger unit goes for under $400 (good for homes and cars).They make smaller ones as well. But it doesn’t take much before that unit pays for itself and is straight money!  Not to mention, the service is another thing to set one detailer apart from others. 

@shane@detailedreflections Thanks! 

Ozone is great, you can really get a lot of uses out of it, and its not as harmful to the environment as other options. 

Ozone itself is 03 (its also sometimes called trioxygen) which makes is a radical ion, the bond does not like to stick around and it reacts very easily with other items reducing to o2 AKA Dioxygen which is a much more stable but still reactable molecule. There are some warnings with O3 in large quantities and it can be harmful including deadly. I agree that it is a great way to get rid of odors with no adverse effects to the initial source (Typically). You just need to watch out when you go to open up the area after so as to not be overly exposed to any remaining gas. 

So I forgot to get pictures of the interior afterwards #Fail 

I will try to get some Monday when I go to my day job. In the future I will certainly upcharge a smokers vehicle. I couldn’t believe how persistent and NASTY every surface in that truck was. The places the driver touches (steering wheel, radio knobs, seatbelt buckle holder, seat lever etc) were DISGUSTING. They were layered with grime that wouldn’t come off with APC and wiping alone. I either used agitation with my microfiber towels or did APC/steam wipe. 

It came out pretty good. The truck was hammered inside and you can tell it’s never been cleaned before. Stains all over the interior and the headliner was brown/black all over (of course I didn’t get before pictures of that). 

I used a neat trick of taking my 8mm throw DA and attaching a microfiber pad to it, sprayed my APC on the pad and the headliner and “buffed” the headliner clean. It really works wonders and it made it looks brand new. Highly recommend you guys to try it. 

Took 10 hours altogether because of how persistent the grime/stains were inside. Other than that I was happy with it.