Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Tire Shine No Go for U.S. Army

Black Bowtie

Question

12 answers to this question

Wow, thats kind of harsh....and probably using the logo without authorization.....

Always heard TS would do that, but with so many folks on here, no one seems to have a problem with it. Starting to wonder if its one of those thing that if you drown the tire in it daily then it might be a problem. 

35 minutes ago, Iceman390D said:

I’d say they are definitely using the logo and bottle with out permission. I don’t see any disclaimers anywhere. 

I think this is a myth about tire shine or I’ve just never had a set of tires last long enough for them to fall apart due to using TS on them

This is true actually! That is thy you are not suppose to use Armor all on your tires or interior, it will crack and dry rot!!

3 minutes ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

This is true actually! That is thy you are not suppose to use Armor all on your tires or interior, it will crack and dry rot!!

I have heard that about Armor All.  I’m surprised they still make that crap.  I’ve not heard that about Adam’s though and yet the military references them.  It should have been an Armor All bottle instead!!

I don't think they were dissing Adams products in any way, I know most supply areas stock Armorall which I have heard can will cause this problem. Just thought it was funny the artist used the Adams Tire Shine for reference. And Just as I was getting ready to use GG on our Training Fleet. ??

40 minutes ago, Black Bowtie said:

I don't think they were dissing Adams products in any way, I know most supply areas stock Armorall which I have heard can will cause this problem. Just thought it was funny the artist used the Adams Tire Shine for reference. And Just as I was getting ready to use GG on our Training Fleet. ??

Ok gotcha and sorry I got a little fired up there ?

16 minutes ago, zw470 said:

Whoever drew that has to be an Adam's customer, there's no way to accidentally end up with that image to base it on if you're just Googling for random pictures of tire shine products.

Good point!

23 hours ago, zw470 said:

Whoever drew that has to be an Adam's customer, there's no way to accidentally end up with that image to base it on if you're just Googling for random pictures of tire shine products.

That was my same thought also.

On 10/3/2018 at 7:06 AM, zw470 said:

12 hours ago, Black Bowtie said:

That was my same thought also.

Just image-Googled it. Adam's isn't even in the first 30 images....but it is one of the easiest to draw. Probably a non-detail enthusiast...or a CG fan ??...as an Adam's fan likely wouldn't want to say it can't be used, official guidance or not.

And for the record, it's all Adam's for this AIR FORCE guy!!! :rockon::patriot: