Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car Show Shenanigans.

galaxy

Question

I went to what was my first car show in quite a long time this past weekend.  Small town, but some pretty darn nice rides and some top end jobs. But what kills me is the folks that will bring some nasty, dirty, non detailed **** and stick it in a show. Flippin hilarious.  Now, I’m not talking about the guys that don’t have a $200K resto job or anything like that.  Not talking about the guys that have no taste and you can’t believe someone would like that.  I’m talking about the guys that bring their **** with the wheel barrels that have never been touched, open the hood and it’s got 50,000 miles of dirt road driving and never been touched, and craziness like that.  I could not believe some of the (detailing) junk I saw.  And they open their hoods and stuff just as proud as can be. That’s hilarious to me.  I was blown away.   And I’m not even picking on the guys that at least try, but maybe don’t have the skillz some of us have, or the guy covering everything in armour all.  They try. I’m cracking on the guys that enter shows and don’t do squat.  And there were multiple.  

11 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, Iceman390D said:

I hear ya and know exactly what your talking about.  I see it all the time at truck shows and I think to myself is there a category for best daily driver?!? ?

One of the shows that I used to go to had a Road Warrior category.  The Road Warrior who got the most votes got their entry fee returned, $20 and a small trophy.   The show was held once a month and according to the weekend the entry fee was anywhere between $10 and $50 - Fathers day weekend was $50.  The way I look at it, if the Road Warriors wanted to donate to the show, fine by me.   Every once in a while a Road Warrior would come months later with their car all cleaned and surprise everyone.

There was another category called WIP as in Work In Progress.   I enjoyed looking at the WIP's, it was amazing at the process some of the folks could make month to month.    Above the WIP's was when the expectations were much higher and so were the prizes.

4 hours ago, galaxy said:

I went to what was my first car show in quite a long time this past weekend.  Small town, but some pretty darn nice rides and some top end jobs. But what kills me is the folks that will bring some nasty, dirty, non detailed **** and stick it in a show. Flippin hilarious.  Now, I’m not talking about the guys that don’t have a $200K resto job or anything like that.  Not talking about the guys that have no taste and you can’t believe someone would like that.  I’m talking about the guys that bring their **** with the wheel barrels that have never been touched, open the hood and it’s got 50,000 miles of dirt road driving and never been touched, and craziness like that.  I could not believe some of the (detailing) junk I saw.  And they open their hoods and stuff just as proud as can be. That’s hilarious to me.  I was blown away.   And I’m not even picking on the guys that at least try, but maybe don’t have the skillz some of us have, or the guy covering everything in armour all.  They try. I’m cracking on the guys that enter shows and don’t do squat.  And there were multiple.  

I saw this today at the cars and coffee. Understandable sometimes because it poured here yesterday. I was wearing the new pumpkin spice hoodie today and Adam stopped me and goes "Hey guys awesome hoodies!" and he asked if we had his hat he was wearing, and we said no so he goes " go grab one of these bad boys over by the truck!" So nice. I love that he recognizes me when I go up. we always have a good little chat

56053023351__16DCEF96-7059-42F3-90B9-7364CDE5BC9D.jpeg

21 minutes ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

I saw this today at the cars and coffee. Understandable sometimes because it poured here yesterday. I was wearing the new pumpkin spice hoodie today and Adam stopped me and goes "Hey guys awesome hoodies!" and he asked if we had his hat he was wearing, and we said no so he goes " go grab one of these bad boys over by the truck!" So nice. I love that he recognizes me when I go up. we always have a good little chat

Must have one!!!

1 hour ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

Great hat..and ur steering wheel

is blinding! Nice shine

21 hours ago, RayS said:

One of the shows that I used to go to had a Road Warrior category.  The Road Warrior who got the most votes got their entry fee returned, $20 and a small trophy.   The show was held once a month and according to the weekend the entry fee was anywhere between $10 and $50 - Fathers day weekend was $50.  The way I look at it, if the Road Warriors wanted to donate to the show, fine by me.   Every once in a while a Road Warrior would come months later with their car all cleaned and surprise everyone.

There was another category called WIP as in Work In Progress.   I enjoyed looking at the WIP's, it was amazing at the process some of the folks could make month to month.    Above the WIP's was when the expectations were much higher and so were the prizes.

I like it, Road Warrior and Work In Progress!  Get’s more people involved and brings in more money for the event too!  I bet it was cool seeing the progression from show to show.

I don't judge. Not everyone has the money for something fancy. Maybe it's their first car and they're proud to own it and want to show it off. Maybe they've never been to a show before and they're just learning.  Rather than talk about them, I'll go over and start to talk to them, and then get the talk around about Adam's and what it can do for their car. But I'll also tell them that if Adam's isn't in their budget yet, that there are good products from Wal Mart that they can use to learn with.  We all start somewhere.  The only thing I really get picky on is when someone who DOES have $$ and brings their $100,000 ride to a show with swirls and crappy paint.  And then act like an arsehole and superior to others.  Those are the guys I avoid. 

8 hours ago, Rich said:

I don't judge. Not everyone has the money for something fancy. Maybe it's their first car and they're proud to own it and want to show it off. Maybe they've never been to a show before and they're just learning.  Rather than talk about them, I'll go over and start to talk to them, and then get the talk around about Adam's and what it can do for their car. But I'll also tell them that if Adam's isn't in their budget yet, that there are good products from Wal Mart that they can use to learn with.  We all start somewhere.  The only thing I really get picky on is when someone who DOES have $$ and brings their $100,000 ride to a show with swirls and crappy paint.  And then act like an arsehole and superior to others.  Those are the guys I avoid. 

Agree ?