Customer Service 866.965.0400

Undercarriage & fabric type material in wheel wall

coral farmer

Question

17 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, coral farmer said:

Does anyone have any experience using undercarriage on fabric like in the wheel well? Will it stain it or other issues?  I might just stick to ECO APC and brush to keep it clean.

My truck has a carpet like material on the wheels wells. I just use shampoo on it with a soft brush and gentle pressure. And it works fine. I do use undercarriage spray but I do not spray it on the carpet. It maybe fine but I’ve never done it

It’s not a daily driver so they never get really dirty but the do pick up some stuff. I’ve even vacuumed them. 

My truck has fabric liners up front and I absolutely hate them. I have seen people take them out, clean them really well and then apply smooth bedliner material to them with great success. I may do the same in the next few months. I have used my undercarriage spray on them though and it wasn't very effective because it almost absorbs into them it seems. 

UCS is only meant for plastic liners. It's not supposed to be used on the fabric ones. I recommend Eco APC and the fender brush to clean those.

Quick tip...put some carboard or paper towels in front and behind of the tire to catch drips and over spray. It can stain the floors and is also pretty slippery.

Adding a pic of the bottle instructions:

IMG_20181018_133714.thumb.jpg.65a13646c171fd23cf8e29f0434a6cbc.jpg

Edited by falcaineer

I have used APC, Multi-Use Foaming Cleaner along with Carpet and Upholstery cleaner.  My first preference is Multi-Use Foaming Cleaner, followed by Upholstery cleaner.  Second is APC follow by Upholstery Cleaner.   In both cases the Upholstery cleaner gave a more clean look - not sure how else to describe it, yet starting with Upholstery cleaner didn't knock off the nasty stuff picked up on the road.   It takes very little Upholstery cleaner after you have cleaned them to make them look really good.

General opinion, I like the sound deadening, but I hate the cleaning aspect of them.

Edited by RayS

6 hours ago, Devon527 said:

My truck has fabric liners up front and I absolutely hate them. I have seen people take them out, clean them really well and then apply smooth bedliner material to them with great success. I may do the same in the next few months. I have used my undercarriage spray on them though and it wasn't very effective because it almost absorbs into them it seems. 

That sounds like a lot work. But if it end up working well you should let us know! 

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:51 PM, coral farmer said:

Does anyone have any experience using undercarriage on fabric like in the wheel well? Will it stain it or other issues?  I might just stick to ECO APC and brush to keep it clean.

You don't want to use UCS on your fabric wells, just keep them clean with power washer.

My truck has a carpet like material on the wheels wells. I just use shampoo on it with a soft brush and gentle pressure. And it works fine. I do use undercarriage spray but I do not spray it on the carpet. It maybe fine but I’ve never done it

22 minutes ago, vondes said:

Yeah, I have carpet wheel wells. As I understand it undercarriage spray is not meant for carpet wheel wells. So as you say, I also use it on non carpeted parts of the wheel well.

I use APC and pressure washer to clean mine.