Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless convert!

bikeryder007

Question

I just did my first rinseless wash ever with Adams’s Rinseless, and really loved the process and the results. I used two gallons of distilled water, a little over an ounce of rinseless, 5 or 6 microfiber towels, and I used waterless wash on each panel before starting. It feels weird washing a car like this for the first time, but now that I have done it, I think this is my new favorite product. I have hard water where I live and it is almost impossible to avoid water spots with regular washing, and I did not get a single spot with rinseless. Also, the shine it gives is the same as using using a regular wash and drying using detail spray. Love this stuff.

07C9117B-EBBD-4FC6-A269-485446ADE74E.jpeg

15 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, bikeryder007 said:

I just did my first rinseless wash ever with Adams’s Rinseless, and really loved the process and the results. I used two gallons of distilled water, a little over an ounce of rinseless, 5 or 6 microfiber towels, and I used waterless wash on each panel before starting. It feels weird washing a car like this for the first time, but now that I have done it, I think this is my new favorite product. I have hard water where I live and it is almost impossible to avoid water spots with regular washing, and I did not get a single spot with rinseless. Also, the shine it gives is the same as using using a regular wash and drying using detail spray. Love this stuff.

07C9117B-EBBD-4FC6-A269-485446ADE74E.jpeg

Looks good Jeremy!! Love the red on this!

If using the bucket of towels method, (where you never put a dirty towel back into your solution)— Save whatever solution you have remaining and put some in an empty spray bottle. It makes it a great presoak for next time. Or you could also leave some in the car for bird bombs. I’ll sometimes add just a bit more Rinseless to the leftover solution to increase the lubricity, depending on my needs.  

Rinseless might be my favorite product. See this for more info if you haven’t already:

Edited by 8675309'SS
Clarifying the rinseless wash method used

Rinseless washes are where its at! I haven't done a traditional soap & water wash on my car in well over 6 months. I hate breaking out the bucket, getting suds all over the car, rinsing, drying etc. Just a quick presoak on the panel, wipe, dry and move on :)

I also have what most people would consider soft Japanese paint and I haven't had ANY issues with scratching my paint doing this method. 

So I guess I don't completely understand rinseless wash. I thought it would be used in a two bucket wash type process. I checked their site and didn't see a video on rinseless wash. Do I fill a bucket with water and rinseless and then soak microfiber towels in it? Then I would wipe down a panel and grab a new towel for the next panel? Maybe there is more on the forum, I'll have to do some digging. 

1 minute ago, Bscott94 said:

So I guess I don't completely understand rinseless wash. I thought it would be used in a two bucket wash type process. I checked their site and didn't see a video on rinseless wash. Do I fill a bucket with water and rinseless and then soak microfiber towels in it? Then I would wipe down a panel and grab a new towel for the next panel? Maybe there is more on the forum, I'll have to do some digging. 

That’s basically it. Adams has a video on the process. Did you check the website?

13 minutes ago, GXPaycheck said:

That’s basically it. Adams has a video on the process. Did you check the website?

I looked on the website and it looks like they revamped the videos tab. I didn't see anything in my quick perusal. I'll take a closer look and see if I can find it. Thank you.

Edit: I checked the site and I don't see a video for rinseless wash, just waterless. 

Edited by Bscott94

24 minutes ago, Bscott94 said:

I looked on the website and it looks like they revamped the videos tab. I didn't see anything in my quick perusal. I'll take a closer look and see if I can find it. Thank you.

Edit: I checked the site and I don't see a video for rinseless wash, just waterless. 

Here you go

1 hour ago, Bscott94 said:

There are 2 Rinseless Wash methods - the 2 bucket method with a mitt (I like the Adam's MF Wash mitt), and the 'bucket of towels' method (AKA the Garry Dean Wash Method).

For the bucket of towels method, take the towel from the Wash bucket and fold it into 4's, wipe a panel (or part of a panel depending how dirty it is), move to a clean part of the towel, and wipe again.  Use both sides of the towel, and move on to a clean towel from the bucket.  Could take 2-5 towels for you vehicle.

For the 2 bucket, I like to dunk a good towel in the wash water, and wring it out.  Clean a panel with the mitt, flip it and clean an adjacent panel, clean the pad in the Rinse bucket and place it in the Wash bucket.  Take the damp towel and wipe the cleaned areas, then spritz that area with Detail Spray, and spread/dry with a Waterless Wash towel (with this method the drying towel barely gets wet). 

44 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

There are 2 Rinseless Wash methods - the 2 bucket method with a mitt (I like the Adam's MF Wash mitt), and the 'bucket of towels' method (AKA the Garry Dean Wash Method).

For the bucket of towels method, take the towel from the Wash bucket and fold it into 4's, wipe a panel (or part of a panel depending how dirty it is), move to a clean part of the towel, and wipe again.  Use both sides of the towel, and move on to a clean towel from the bucket.  Could take 2-5 towels for you vehicle.

For the 2 bucket, I like to dunk a good towel in the wash water, and wring it out.  Clean a panel with the mitt, flip it and clean an adjacent panel, clean the pad in the Rinse bucket and place it in the Wash bucket.  Take the damp towel and wipe the cleaned areas, then spritz that area with Detail Spray, and spread/dry with a Waterless Wash towel (with this method the drying towel barely gets wet). 

So I guess I wasn't completely wrong then. I'll get some rinseless and try this for winter washing when the cars aren't coated in salt. What towel works best? I have a bunch of unopened grey utility towels. Would those work or should I try to pick up borderless or single/double soft or others? 

14 minutes ago, Bscott94 said:

So I guess I wasn't completely wrong then. I'll get some rinseless and try this for winter washing when the cars aren't coated in salt. What towel works best? I have a bunch of unopened grey utility towels. Would those work or should I try to pick up borderless or single/double soft or others? 

I think using anything from the borderless grey towels all the way up to the double soft would be fine.  I used  towels similar to the borderless grey for the washing, and used an Adam's double soft to dry. There is so little water on the car that one double soft dried the whole car without feeling saturated at all. 

3 hours ago, Bscott94 said:

The borderless grey towel is a great option. I have used those before and like how they work. My go to towel for rinseless washes is a 500gsm edgeless plush microfiber. I have the same style towel from 4 different companies and love them all. 

3 hours ago, Bscott94 said:

@Bscott94 Yes you were on the right track, and as Ian & Jeremy said, the Borderless Grey (or Orange) would work fine for a Rinseless. 

I only use the 'bucket of towels' method on special cars, due to the number of towels required.  I use 2 buckets and a mitt on my cars (and the paint is still flawless on our 18 mo. old Accord).  

@Bscott94 here’s another gem for you ;) I personally use bucket of towels method, so I want to also clarify that is the only method I would feel ok recommending saving the water to use later.  I never place a dirty towel in my rinseless bucket with the method I use.  So I’m confident that it has no dirt in it.  When you use a two bucket method of rinseless you still are at risk of some dirt getting into your rinseless wash water. I’ll edit my other post to clarify this point.  

I did my first Rinseless Wash today. Sprayed her down with RW diluted at 6:1, then washed using the bucket-o-towels method. Dried with a regular waffle drying towel. Did the whole thing in the garage. I think it came out pretty well. The one sort of complaint is that it’s tough to see the dirt on the boarderless greys. My garage is a bit dark and doesn’t have electricity so I didn’t really get a great sense of how she looks. I can say that the paint felt smooth. The car was mostly just dusty,  but I wanted to wash it before putting on the cover and saying goodbye for the winter. It’s gonna be a long three months.....

What happened to the video links in this thread?

Edited by HRPinDC