Customer Service 866.965.0400

NC New Guy

Tbone76

Hey guys and gals out there!

My name is Tony and I live in the central part of North Carolina.  I’m fairly new to the detailing world.  I guess because I can appreciate a good looking vehicle that is cared for.  Doesn’t have to be an exotic Italian to turn heads.

Having said all of that, beyond a two bucket wash, and a clay bar, I’m a bit lost.  There is so much product available, and so much information available here it’s a bit overwhelming.

Looking at a new vehicle that will be the daily driver and I want to make sure she stays glossy and protected.  I don’t have any machine polishers so everything will be done by hand.

i look forwards to the days, months and years to come, reading, learning, and hopefully some success stories.

if anyone has any detailing regimens/ steps to help achieve what I described on a black vehicle, I’m all ears!

thank you everyone in advance.

Tony

Welcome Tony.  There are lots of videos to watch from Adam's that will lead you through the process of keeping your ride looking showroom new.  First thing you're going to want to do when you get your new ride is a good wash and clay bar treatment.  Most products are made with the normal guy in mind who doesn't have a machine. I only recently began using a machine after about 12 years or so of using Adam's purely by hand.  Revive Polish was one of my favorites.  For wax, Buttery Wax is great by hand, but any of the waxes are easy to use.  When you hit a snag or have a question, feel free to ask. We're all here to answer and we don't bite hard.  ?

:welcomebanner:

Welcome Tony!  Thanks for joining us! Adam's has TONS of incredible products for every purpose for your vehicle. The Black Friday sale coming up here soon is suppose to be quite a sale so if you're interested in a polisher, next month is the time to buy. If you have any questions feel free to ask or PM any of us! I would love to answer any questions you may have! :) Welcome again!

Hey guys,

thank you for all the welcome messages!!

For those that mentioned they are in the NC area, I live in Pinehurst.

I have, as well as ordered more Adams stuff recently in preparation for the new ride.  I will probably make my first “official” post soon as to what to use, in what order, etc etc.  bought everything from APC, to Iron remover, Clay, shampoo, Glaze, Sealant, Americana, Detail spray, glass cleaner, tire shine, and some VRT.  Don’t think I missed anything?  Oh, and some Revive Polish

maybe I don’t need it all, but seemed like a good idea at the time

Edited by Tbone76

4 hours ago, Tbone76 said:

Hey guys,

I have, as well as ordered more Adams stuff recently in preparation for the new ride.  I will probably make my first “official” post soon as to what to use, in what order, etc etc.  bought everything from APC, to Iron remover, Clay, shampoo, Glaze, Sealant, Americana, Detail spray, glass cleaner, tire shine, and some VRT.  Don’t think I missed anything?  Oh, and some Revive Polish

Sounds good tony!! Sounds like you got some great products. I think you’ll I’ve all of it! I sure love everything from Adam’s because I have it all ?

On 11/1/2018 at 8:01 AM, Tbone76 said:

Hey guys,

For a new car I would start with not letting the dealer put their "$250 paint protect" that is really just a spray wax that last for a few weeks or a drive through a rain storm or a really good wash job. Next I would use the iron remover to get all the over spray and rail/transportation dust off the paint. Start next by washing the wheels/tires/inner fenders. Next give it a good 2 bucket and foam cannon wash. Dry the car using a big microfiber towel. You could seal the windshield now if you wanted. Next use the clay bar/clay mit with detail spray (the pink product) to remove any further containments. Now get the Paint Sealant which you could apply by hand or machine. Coat everything including headlights and plastic trim parts. Coat your tires with tire shine. The paint sealant should last for several months depending on the conditions you drive in. For the washed in between paint sealant coats (I call them maintenance washes) wash your car the same way as above minus the iron remover and clay bar after treatment. However this time when drying the car use the H2O Guard and Gloss using 1 wet microfiber towel and come behind with a dry towel. You can save a little if you wash your car weekly like I do by using the Guard and Gloss every 3rd wash. If you really want a boost shine in between you can always use the detail spray after a wash. When not using the Guard and Gloss I use air to dry my car, however you can still dry it using a great white microfiber towel. Just remember the whole main goal when cleaning is to avoid scratches. Hope this helps. Happy cleaning.