Jump to content
Customer Service 866.965.0400
  • 0
enoch7fa

New H20 Guard & Gloss????

Question

there is a new H20 formula?????  I saw it on Instagram site.  first I am left out of the loop on the new Spray wax now I find out late about the new H2) formula!!!  Good Lord you got to treat us better than that Adam!!!  ok ok who has the scoop on this stuff???  any pictures?  come on give it up.  boy this was top secret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I’ll be honest I haven’t really tried the G&G that I just received. I got the old formula I guess you can say now. I’m excited to use it. How would this product hold up on its own??? I also received the paint sealant, just haven’t gotten any good weather recently. Everything has been in the mid 20’s on my off days so I haven’t gotten time to play with them 😢. So was wondering if I would be ok with the durability of it against the Chicago winter coming on its own or should I apply the sealant and then g&g, I just love how it seems to be a quicker application and so easy. 

I also saw the new video on the g&g formula. Definitely seems like a fine spray when it comes out vs the old formula looking thicker when it hits the surface. What are the thoughts on that? I feel like before with it spraying thicker atleast just mentally it seems like you would use less product as compared to now I feel like it’ll be easier to spray away 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

GnG works well as a stand-alone,  for the winter I would use it every wash(since they are spread out greatly) to ensure protection.

 

You could always double up on the lower panels,  they get beat up quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:15 AM, pirahnah3 said:

New Vid is up included the product page link in case the vid doesnt work. 

 

 

https://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-h2o-guard-gloss.html

Thanks for the video Jim.  I actually hate the old G&G, It just always seemed to streak and need to be gone over with a microfiber and detail spray.   I actually used it today with the 60* day after I washed my truck.  But really do want to try the new one and the spray wax :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, davered00ss said:

Thanks for the video Jim.  I actually hate the old G&G, It just always seemed to streak and need to be gone over with a microfiber and detail spray.   I actually used it today with the 60* day after I washed my truck.  But really do want to try the new one and the spray wax :)

 

Exactly the reason they made an improved version.  Your interpretation of the results were spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, davered00ss said:

Thanks for the video Jim.  I actually hate the old G&G, It just always seemed to streak and need to be gone over with a microfiber and detail spray.   I actually used it today with the 60* day after I washed my truck.  But really do want to try the new one and the spray wax :)

 

33 minutes ago, camaro2ssblack said:

 

Exactly the reason they made an improved version.  Your interpretation of the results were spot on.

 

It may be one reason, but I'd offer HGG in its original form was around for a number of years, and a very successful product, at that. The most recent change was a near complete overhaul. Almost a new product vs. HGG 2.0. The old was also my favorite Adam's product (including the smell...dont like the new honeydew scent...RIP, grape 😢), and it was for many others on here. Never had the issues of streaking....which was usually caused by too much product being used vs. a design flaw. I'm happy I still have a full gallon+ of the old one, personally. But to each their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, falcaineer said:

 

 

It may be one reason, but I'd offer HGG in its original form was around for a number of years, and a very successful product, at that. The most recent change was a near complete overhaul. Almost a new product vs. HGG 2.0. The old was also my favorite Adam's product (including the smell...dont like the new honeydew scent...RIP, grape 😢), and it was for many others on here. Never had the issues of streaking....which was usually caused by too much product being used vs. a design flaw. I'm happy I still have a full gallon+ of the old one, personally. But to each their own.

 

Fair point, definitely not the sole reason.  I have just seen consistent feedback on the original product streaking.  Great product though - although I haven't tried the new version personally.  These Sio2 based spray sealants are the new way of the world it seems, hard to pick through them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Never had any issues streaking either,  used often on dark and black vehicles.  A little went a a very LONG way!  The gloss and protection were top notch.

 

Fast forward...got my new bottle yesterday,  I’m not quite sure what Honeydew is suppose to smell like, but to me the new stuff smells like watermelon.  I used it completely dry on a coated and non coated yesterday, just in small spots and it worked very well, maybe 1 extra wipe on the non coated, but definitely no biggy, awesome gloss, and easy buffing.  Can’t wait to use as a drying aid on my (coated) Tahoe soon!

 

In conclusion, I liked the grape and the watermelon is nice too,  we still have undercarriage spray in the grape scent.  And while we are on scents, I got a can of the new aerosol glass cleaner, because root beer is my all time favorite drink, and It  just smells like glass cleaner 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Just curios, does the 2.0 version separate like 1.0 where you can see a more clear watery layer at the top before shaking or is the separating aspect of the product gone with 2.0?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
30 minutes ago, Parad0x said:

Just curios, does the 2.0 version separate like 1.0 where you can see a more clear watery layer at the top before shaking or is the separating aspect of the product gone with 2.0?

Nope! The new formula doesn’t separate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nickfire20 said:

Never had any issues streaking either,  used often on dark and black vehicles.  A little went a a very LONG way!  The gloss and protection were top notch.

 

Fast forward...got my new bottle yesterday,  I’m not quite sure what Honeydew is suppose to smell like, but to me the new stuff smells like watermelon.  I used it completely dry on a coated and non coated yesterday, just in small spots and it worked very well, maybe 1 extra wipe on the non coated, but definitely no biggy, awesome gloss, and easy buffing.  Can’t wait to use as a drying aid on my (coated) Tahoe soon!

 

In conclusion, I liked the grape and the watermelon is nice too,  we still have undercarriage spray in the grape scent.  And while we are on scents, I got a can of the new aerosol glass cleaner, because root beer is my all time favorite drink, and It  just smells like glass cleaner 😐

 

It's honeydew...confirmed with Adam's. But they're both melons so you're in the right family! The new In & Out Spray is watermelon, though.

Edited by falcaineer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

I know many products in the detailing realm have cross competitors, with slight variations to their chemical makeup.  But, is there a competitor to H2O G&G?  I can’t immediately think of a spray on wipe on water activated product.  I know of spray on while wet products mike McKee’s Hydro Blue that are immediately rinsed off once sprayed on but G&G just seems so unique.

 

I have only used 1.0, I bought it for the first time in the pumpkin spice ‘variant’ months back but I really do like it.  I use it on a black 18’ Escalade a metallic black 18’ XC60 and have only really had a streaking issue if too much product is applied.  

Edited by Parad0x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, Parad0x said:

I know many products in the detailing realm have cross competitors, with slight variations to their chemical makeup.  But, is there a competitor to H2O G&G?  I can’t immediately think of a spray on wipe on water activated product.  I know of spray on while wet products mike McKee’s Hydro Blue that are immediately rinsed off once sprayed on but G&G just seems so unique.

 

I have only used 1.0, I bought it for the first time in the pumpkin spice ‘variant’ months back but I really do like it.  I use it on a black 18’ Escalade a metallic black 18’ XC60 and have only really had a streaking issue if too much product is applied.  

The only competitor I am aware of is Ammo Hydrate. The original formula was water activated just like G&G. It was recently re-formulated to be used in the dry as well (Feburary 2018ish). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
38 minutes ago, cwp2016nd said:

The only competitor I am aware of is Ammo Hydrate. The original formula was water activated just like G&G. It was recently re-formulated to be used in the dry as well (Feburary 2018ish). 

 

Thank you for the reply, I’ve been aware of Ammo products but never considered them so that one flew under my radar. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

How's everyone liking the new HGG? I don't have it yet.

I like it a whole lot!  And I love the Honeydew.  I know you aren’t a big fan, but give it a chance 😬👍. So far using it dry on ceramic coated and non ceramic coated, it has worked great.  I only used it wet so far on a ceramic coated, and it took a while to dry,  but it was shady and 50 degrees, so that may be the reason, and it was only 1  spray per panel.

 

on the dry non coated, it actually feels like a thick layer on there, almost like a paste wax.  Gives amazing gloss and slickness!

Highly recommend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 1/3/2019 at 9:04 AM, Nickfire20 said:

Never had any issues streaking either,  used often on dark and black vehicles.  A little went a a very LONG way!  The gloss and protection were top notch.

 

Fast forward...got my new bottle yesterday,  I’m not quite sure what Honeydew is suppose to smell like, but to me the new stuff smells like watermelon.  I used it completely dry on a coated and non coated yesterday, just in small spots and it worked very well, maybe 1 extra wipe on the non coated, but definitely no biggy, awesome gloss, and easy buffing.  Can’t wait to use as a drying aid on my (coated) Tahoe soon!

 

In conclusion, I liked the grape and the watermelon is nice too,  we still have undercarriage spray in the grape scent.  And while we are on scents, I got a can of the new aerosol glass cleaner, because root beer is my all time favorite drink, and It  just smells like glass cleaner 😐

 

I used the new New H20 on my coated car and it worked great! Also used it as a drying aid while doing a rinseless wash on my other non-coated car. Both with awesome results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 1/10/2019 at 1:16 AM, falcaineer said:

How's everyone liking the new HGG? I don't have it yet.

 

It’s killer! Leaps and bounds better than the old. I used on my coated car and it really upped the gloss. Used it as a drying aid while doing a rinseless wash on my other non-coated car. Worked awesome. Only thing I don’t like is the smell. I like the old formulas smell better. But that nit picking lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

 I'm really liking the new formula. I use it on non coated vehicles and it does seem to go on and off a little easier. Less streaky for sure. Far fewer spots I have to go back over with this new formula. 

 

 The third pull "snot" effect has not changed but that is easily resolved with a better bottle/sprayer. I wish Adam's would consider shipping H2O with an "improved" sprayer if possible for those who don't know how much a switch improves application. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×