Customer Service 866.965.0400

New H20 Guard & Gloss????

enoch7fa

Question

there is a new H20 formula?????  I saw it on Instagram site.  first I am left out of the loop on the new Spray wax now I find out late about the new H2) formula!!!  Good Lord you got to treat us better than that Adam!!!  ok ok who has the scoop on this stuff???  any pictures?  come on give it up.  boy this was top secret.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:15 AM, pirahnah3 said:

New Vid is up included the product page link in case the vid doesnt work. 

https://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-h2o-guard-gloss.html

Thanks for the video Jim.  I actually hate the old G&G, It just always seemed to streak and need to be gone over with a microfiber and detail spray.   I actually used it today with the 60* day after I washed my truck.  But really do want to try the new one and the spray wax :)

7 hours ago, davered00ss said:

Thanks for the video Jim.  I actually hate the old G&G, It just always seemed to streak and need to be gone over with a microfiber and detail spray.   I actually used it today with the 60* day after I washed my truck.  But really do want to try the new one and the spray wax :)

Exactly the reason they made an improved version.  Your interpretation of the results were spot on.

7 hours ago, davered00ss said:

33 minutes ago, camaro2ssblack said:

Exactly the reason they made an improved version.  Your interpretation of the results were spot on.

It may be one reason, but I'd offer HGG in its original form was around for a number of years, and a very successful product, at that. The most recent change was a near complete overhaul. Almost a new product vs. HGG 2.0. The old was also my favorite Adam's product (including the smell...dont like the new honeydew scent...RIP, grape 😢), and it was for many others on here. Never had the issues of streaking....which was usually caused by too much product being used vs. a design flaw. I'm happy I still have a full gallon+ of the old one, personally. But to each their own.

13 hours ago, falcaineer said:

It may be one reason, but I'd offer HGG in its original form was around for a number of years, and a very successful product, at that. The most recent change was a near complete overhaul. Almost a new product vs. HGG 2.0. The old was also my favorite Adam's product (including the smell...dont like the new honeydew scent...RIP, grape 😢), and it was for many others on here. Never had the issues of streaking....which was usually caused by too much product being used vs. a design flaw. I'm happy I still have a full gallon+ of the old one, personally. But to each their own.

Fair point, definitely not the sole reason.  I have just seen consistent feedback on the original product streaking.  Great product though - although I haven't tried the new version personally.  These Sio2 based spray sealants are the new way of the world it seems, hard to pick through them all.

Never had any issues streaking either,  used often on dark and black vehicles.  A little went a a very LONG way!  The gloss and protection were top notch.

Fast forward...got my new bottle yesterday,  I’m not quite sure what Honeydew is suppose to smell like, but to me the new stuff smells like watermelon.  I used it completely dry on a coated and non coated yesterday, just in small spots and it worked very well, maybe 1 extra wipe on the non coated, but definitely no biggy, awesome gloss, and easy buffing.  Can’t wait to use as a drying aid on my (coated) Tahoe soon!

In conclusion, I liked the grape and the watermelon is nice too,  we still have undercarriage spray in the grape scent.  And while we are on scents, I got a can of the new aerosol glass cleaner, because root beer is my all time favorite drink, and It  just smells like glass cleaner 😐

1 hour ago, Nickfire20 said:

Never had any issues streaking either,  used often on dark and black vehicles.  A little went a a very LONG way!  The gloss and protection were top notch.

Fast forward...got my new bottle yesterday,  I’m not quite sure what Honeydew is suppose to smell like, but to me the new stuff smells like watermelon.  I used it completely dry on a coated and non coated yesterday, just in small spots and it worked very well, maybe 1 extra wipe on the non coated, but definitely no biggy, awesome gloss, and easy buffing.  Can’t wait to use as a drying aid on my (coated) Tahoe soon!

In conclusion, I liked the grape and the watermelon is nice too,  we still have undercarriage spray in the grape scent.  And while we are on scents, I got a can of the new aerosol glass cleaner, because root beer is my all time favorite drink, and It  just smells like glass cleaner 😐

It's honeydew...confirmed with Adam's. But they're both melons so you're in the right family! The new In & Out Spray is watermelon, though.

Edited by falcaineer

I know many products in the detailing realm have cross competitors, with slight variations to their chemical makeup.  But, is there a competitor to H2O G&G?  I can’t immediately think of a spray on wipe on water activated product.  I know of spray on while wet products mike McKee’s Hydro Blue that are immediately rinsed off once sprayed on but G&G just seems so unique.

I have only used 1.0, I bought it for the first time in the pumpkin spice ‘variant’ months back but I really do like it.  I use it on a black 18’ Escalade a metallic black 18’ XC60 and have only really had a streaking issue if too much product is applied.  

Edited by Parad0x

Just now, Parad0x said:

I know many products in the detailing realm have cross competitors, with slight variations to their chemical makeup.  But, is there a competitor to H2O G&G?  I can’t immediately think of a spray on wipe on water activated product.  I know of spray on while wet products mike McKee’s Hydro Blue that are immediately rinsed off once sprayed on but G&G just seems so unique.

I have only used 1.0, I bought it for the first time in the pumpkin spice ‘variant’ months back but I really do like it.  I use it on a black 18’ Escalade a metallic black 18’ XC60 and have only really had a streaking issue if too much product is applied.  

The only competitor I am aware of is Ammo Hydrate. The original formula was water activated just like G&G. It was recently re-formulated to be used in the dry as well (Feburary 2018ish). 

38 minutes ago, cwp2016nd said:

The only competitor I am aware of is Ammo Hydrate. The original formula was water activated just like G&G. It was recently re-formulated to be used in the dry as well (Feburary 2018ish). 

Thank you for the reply, I’ve been aware of Ammo products but never considered them so that one flew under my radar. 

7 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

How's everyone liking the new HGG? I don't have it yet.

I like it a whole lot!  And I love the Honeydew.  I know you aren’t a big fan, but give it a chance 😬👍. So far using it dry on ceramic coated and non ceramic coated, it has worked great.  I only used it wet so far on a ceramic coated, and it took a while to dry,  but it was shady and 50 degrees, so that may be the reason, and it was only 1  spray per panel.

on the dry non coated, it actually feels like a thick layer on there, almost like a paste wax.  Gives amazing gloss and slickness!

Highly recommend!

On 1/3/2019 at 9:04 AM, Nickfire20 said:

I used the new New H20 on my coated car and it worked great! Also used it as a drying aid while doing a rinseless wash on my other non-coated car. Both with awesome results.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:16 AM, falcaineer said:

How's everyone liking the new HGG? I don't have it yet.

It’s killer! Leaps and bounds better than the old. I used on my coated car and it really upped the gloss. Used it as a drying aid while doing a rinseless wash on my other non-coated car. Worked awesome. Only thing I don’t like is the smell. I like the old formulas smell better. But that nit picking lol

I'm really liking the new formula. I use it on non coated vehicles and it does seem to go on and off a little easier. Less streaky for sure. Far fewer spots I have to go back over with this new formula. 

The third pull "snot" effect has not changed but that is easily resolved with a better bottle/sprayer. I wish Adam's would consider shipping H2O with an "improved" sprayer if possible for those who don't know how much a switch improves application. 

Just used this new formula for the first time on my 2007 4Runner - 136,000 miles. It was the first time I’ve ever detailed it; I always had it washed by the local hand wash place. Strip Wash, clay mitt, One Step Polish, rewash with regular Car Shampoo, then H2O Guard And Gloss to dry. It was very, very easy to apply and remove with no streaking. This to me is much much easier than applying a traditional wax or sealant. I tried the first generation Adam’s Ceramic Paint/Trim/Wheel Coatings on my Challenger and while the initial results were excellent, it wasn’t worth the amount of work it took to prep, and the water beading stopped on the doors before the one year mark. I’d much rather apply the H2O Guard And Gloss as a drying agent every several washes. It also makes the black trim look amazing and now I don’t have to apply VRT to it anymore.

3D5FBA19-2A86-42ED-BDBA-E9877CCBE47B.jpeg

11 hours ago, dconsmack said:

Just used this new formula for the first time on my 2007 4Runner - 136,000 miles. It was the first time I’ve ever detailed it; I always had it washed by the local hand wash place. Strip Wash, clay mitt, One Step Polish, rewash with regular Car Shampoo, then H2O Guard And Gloss to dry. It was very, very easy to apply and remove with no streaking. This to me is much much easier than applying a traditional wax or sealant. I tried the first generation Adam’s Ceramic Paint/Trim/Wheel Coatings on my Challenger and while the initial results were excellent, it wasn’t worth the amount of work it took to prep, and the water beading stopped on the doors before the one year mark. I’d much rather apply the H2O Guard And Gloss as a drying agent every several washes. It also makes the black trim look amazing and now I don’t have to apply VRT to it anymore.

3D5FBA19-2A86-42ED-BDBA-E9877CCBE47B.jpeg

Looks great! I have a black SUV and used it for the first time two weekends ago. About 2 months ago I did a full strip wash, clay bar, hand revive polish, VRT, and then on to PS. Since it's been several washings I decided to try out the H2O G&G. Very easy to apply and buff off with great results even on the trim as you mentioned. I found that giving each panel just a couple sprays helped with any potential streaking. Great product!!

On 11/19/2018 at 1:58 PM, TheWolf said:

The new version contains SIO2, in addition to the acrylic sealant.  It is also my understanding that it is easier to apply when using the Dry Method (ie dry paint, wet towel). 

It will be interesting to hear feedback once this product gets out there, to see if the standard applictation method is also easier to apply without streaking, which was a complaint some users had.  I think the original version is a stellar product, but some people don't use it because they could never get the application technique figured out.

I'm in the group of people that had challenges with HGG. However, I also recognize how great it makes a White vehicle look, so I'll be ordering a bottle for the car that we're current reconditioning.  Once the engine goes in, then I'll get started on the body.  

8 minutes ago, zw470 said:

Ok, but then that brings me back around to my original point, which is that there's nothing new about the H2.0 G&G because it could always be applied in these 2 ways.

The new version contains SIO2, in addition to the acrylic sealant.  It is also my understanding that it is easier to apply when using the Dry Method (ie dry paint, wet towel). 

It will be interesting to hear feedback once this product gets out there, to see if the standard applictation method is also easier to apply without streaking, which was a complaint some users had.  I think the original version is a stellar product, but some people don't use it because they could never get the application technique figured out.