Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Paste Wax

Norton

Question

I prepped my Tacoma for winter last weekend. Thanks to my friend, @falcaineer, I got to choose between my normal PS and his recently acquired CPW. I decided to try CPW for a change. 

It went on and came off as quickly and easily as PS, which was nice. (Thanks, again, to @falcaineer for his help in applying it!) It shines as well (or better) than PS does. (Silver is a difficult color on which to judge!) It provided great beading action in today's precipitation. I look forward to learning how its durability compares, but I suspect having some Ceramic Boost on-hand won't hurt...

20181117_130856.jpg

20181117_130653.jpg

20181117_130837.jpg

Edited by Norton

14 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Norton said:

I prepped my Tacoma for winter last weekend. Thanks to my friend, @falcaineer, I got to choose between my normal PS and his recently acquired CPW. I decided to try CPW for a change. 

It went on and came off as quickly and easily as PS, which was nice. (Thanks, again, to @falcaineer for his help in applying it!) It shines as well (or better) than PS does. (Silver is a difficult color on which to judge!) It provided great beading action in today's precipitation. I look forward to learning how its durability compares, but I suspect having some Ceramic Boost on-hand won't hurt...

20181117_130856.jpg

20181117_130653.jpg

20181117_130837.jpg

This looks amazing, I might have to try that some time. I just recently received my Adam’s liquid paint sealant. Still waiting to get a decent day off with decent weather here in Chicago to apply it and try it for the first time. Not sure what to expect from it. I’m hoping I love it. 

What are your thoughts on the paint sealant from a durability and performance stand point and just overall how you like it

thNks in advance 

On 11/17/2018 at 11:33 PM, DF24 said:

This looks amazing, I might have to try that some time. I just recently received my Adam’s liquid paint sealant. Still waiting to get a decent day off with decent weather here in Chicago to apply it and try it for the first time. Not sure what to expect from it. I’m hoping I love it. 

What are your thoughts on the paint sealant from a durability and performance stand point and just overall how you like it

thNks in advance 

Thanks!

I've used PS for years, and I'm happy with it. It provides a good shine and excellent durability (several months, depending on driving habits, weather, care, etc). FWIW, I usually apply it twice-a-year - in the spring and fall.  For best results, wash, clay, and polish the paint before applying it. You can help it last longer with good wash habits (2-buckets, pH-balanced shampoo, etc) and the use of complementary products like HGG.

As I said, this was my first time using CPW. It shines as well (or better) than PS, and provides great beading action - also as good (or better) than PS. For me, the jury is still out on it durability compared to PS.

The bottom line is that I think you'll be happy with PS. Make the time to apply it before winter is upon you!

Edited by Norton

3 hours ago, Norton said:

Thanks!

I've used PS for years, and I'm happy with it. It provides a good shine and excellent durability (several months, depending on driving habits, weather, care, etc). FWIW, I usually apply it twice-a-year - in the spring and fall.  For best results, wash, clay, and polish the paint before applying it. You can help it last longer with good wash habits (2-buckets, pH-balanced shampoo, etc) and the use complementary products like HGG.

As I said, this was my first time using CPW. It shines as well (or better) than PS, and provides great beading action - also as good (or better) than PS. For me, the jury is still out on it durability compared to PS.

The bottom line is that I think you'll be happy with PS. Make the time to apply it before winter is upon you!

Thank you, I’m more excited to use it. Im hoping for Monday since I’ll be off that day seems like I’ll get a high of 36 😒

I've been a fan of the CPW since it came out.  Lasted 6 months!!  Unfortunately, It got cold fast here and we've already had our first snow where I've had to use the snowblower. Isn't going to warm up any time soon either. So the Cadillac may just go without a pre winter wax job this year.  We went straight from a rainy summer to winter. Nothing in between.  But I put the CPW on the Caddy in April and it lasted that long.  I can notice that it really needs done again now, but it lasted a long time. 

Quick question I bought some of the CPW V1 from the current Tent sale. Was thinking about buying one more. How.long will these be good for,how should I store them and any idea how much of the container would I use for a midsize SUV? 

Edited by Furyan

5 hours ago, Chris@Adams said:

Check out this 40 Ford I detailed & top it off with CPW. The CPW gave it a nice deep wet look.

8B0C2F2C-5B0E-4D21-AC84-6B6F146864A9.jpeg

EE83E164-5A6B-4323-B48D-34AA1705A080.jpeg

F3B3B027-F93F-4AA5-A234-658E7ED9AFCE.jpeg

0ED512F2-9EDD-47EF-A569-162B0FB3CF76.jpeg

78007CDF-D140-4225-B15D-DAD4EC1EF531.jpeg

E2B98A99-1DE1-4910-868D-05547AF69918.jpeg

Awesome! That really does look great.

But to clarify, that's the new Ceramic Coating Wax, not the Ceramic Paste Wax. The former is a coating in paste wax form, the latter a silica-infused wax (and now discontinued).