Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rubber etching

Adam Tarbox

Question

First, I apologies if this has been mentioned before. I could not find this exact question. With that said, my question is, that if the rubber on the door has been etched by someone waxing over that rubber trim, how do you remove it it? I have tried everything in my arsenal and nothing seems to work. Is this permanently etched in or can it be removed. If so, by what product?

This is not on my car, but a friends that I was helping out.

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Adam Tarbox said:

I have not tried that as I do not have tire and rubber cleaner.

If you don't have tire and rubber cleaner there are alternatives that can be found locally. 

If you have a walmart or advanced auto near you get a gallon of superclean degreaser (A gallon is around $9-10) and dilute it 5:1 in a bottle. Spray that onto a microfiber towel and agitate the rubber trim to see if it removes the wax residue. 

Just now, cwp2016nd said:

If you don't have tire and rubber cleaner there are alternatives that can be found locally. 

If you have a walmart or advanced auto near you get a gallon of superclean degreaser (A gallon is around $9-10) and dilute it 5:1 in a bottle. Spray that onto a microfiber towel and agitate the rubber trim to see if it removes the wax residue. 

Well I can use degreaser with other things, so this would not be a bad idea...Thank you!