Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Boost 2.0

Ls1transam

Question

How many of you have used it in cooler temps? I tried it today and it’s around 50 here in Ky. I tried it on my coated daily and a non coated car and had the same results. It just smeared and smeared. Didn’t matter how much I used, it’s like I was just moving it around on the surface. Wondering if cooler temps are to blame.

13 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Ls1transam said:

How many of you have used it in cooler temps? I tried it today and it’s around 50 here in Ky. I tried it on my coated daily and a non coated car and had the same results. It just smeared and smeared. Didn’t matter how much I used, it’s like I was just moving it around on the surface. Wondering if cooler temps are to blame.

Haven’t had an issue,  what towel were you using?

Sometimes if I use guard and gloss or Boost on my work vehicles that don’t have the best paint, sit outside, and I don’t do a proper strip/clay prior, I can get streaky finish sometimes.  But on my newer more well cared for vehicles it works flawlessly. Could that be the issue possibly you are having?

My personal opinion is that H2O and CB don't play nice with SOME other product that may still be on the vehicle. 

When I first started using H2O I had a very similar experience. Just streaked and laid on the surface like snot. After complete strip and then laying down lps the H2O goes on smooth as silk and flashes right off. My take away was that the wax from another company was what initially caused the weird reaction. 

Have you taken your vehicle to a pay and spray or no touch auto wash recently? I think some of their "wax" and soaps can cause havoc with certain products. 

Edited by Velvethelmet

1 hour ago, bjoeaull said:

Sometimes if I use guard and gloss or Boost on my work vehicles that don’t have the best paint, sit outside, and I don’t do a proper strip/clay prior, I can get streaky finish sometimes.  But on my newer more well cared for vehicles it works flawlessly. Could that be the issue possibly you are having?

1 hour ago, bjoeaull said:

I stripped a panel and tried it. Didn’t polish but stripped all prior protection off. Also tried it on a Ceramic coated vehicle. Non Adams coating but, the results were the same. I used another brand of silica spray and had zero issues with it.

35 minutes ago, Ls1transam said:

I stripped a panel and tried it. Didn’t polish but stripped all prior protection off. Also tried it on a Ceramic coated vehicle. Non Adams coating but, the results were the same. I used another brand of silica spray and had zero issues with it.

As you know, Adam's products may not play nicely with other coatings. And vice versa. Not surprised to hear it may not have worked well on the coated one.

You may have gotten a bad batch. Did you call to get a replacement?

48 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

As you know, Adam's products may not play nicely with other coatings. And vice versa. Not surprised to hear it may not have worked well on the coated one.

You may have gotten a bad batch. Did you call to get a replacement?

Yea with same results.