Customer Service 866.965.0400

Daily Wipe Down

vcordaro

Question

So my car sits in the garage and comes out a few times a week.  However I really enjoy going out to the garage and wiping it down after work as I find it really relaxing.  I have been using the single or double microfiber towels just to wipe it down and will often use detail spray.  Is this okay for the car on a daily basis?  When I drive it I will usually use the waterless wash to clean it down before going into the garage, so that would be used at least once a week and then I have been using the detail spray on my daily wipe down.  I do not want to ruin or cause any issues with overuse of the products.  I would assume that just wiping the car down I may run the risk of causing a swirl, but is this risk high?      All in all I want to be able to detail/work on the car daily without the risk of really causing issues.

Thanks in advance,

Vince

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, vcordaro said:

So my car sits in the garage and comes out a few times a week.  However I really enjoy going out to the garage and wiping it down after work as I find it really relaxing.  I have been using the single or double microfiber towels just to wipe it down and will often use detail spray.  Is this okay for the car on a daily basis?  When I drive it I will usually use the waterless wash to clean it down before going into the garage, so that would be used at least once a week and then I have been using the detail spray on my daily wipe down.  I do not want to ruin or cause any issues with overuse of the products.  I would assume that just wiping the car down I may run the risk of causing a swirl, but is this risk high?      All in all I want to be able to detail/work on the car daily without the risk of really causing issues.

Thanks in advance,

Vince

Good question Vince! as long as the car is not overly dirty I think you should be okay. If it is dirtier than normal you may think about actually doing a wash. But if it just gets some light dust on the paint I think you should be okay with detail spray and waterless wash. You always run the risk of scratches if the paint is dirty but with light dust or dirt and a soft towel the risk is lower. Just be careful when wiping not to apply too mush pressure!

I would think daily is safer than once or twice a week.  Right?  Less dirt daily,  where as if you let the dirt build up then wipe, you may mar.

As long as you are doing good technique, lifting as you wipe in straight lines.  NOT just moving the towel all around in all directions and not flipping the towel, that would be horrible.