Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishing out windshield wiper scratches

Junior

Question

This is probably a very uncommon concern, but I was curious if anyone has had success polishing/removing the scratches in the windshield from the wiper blades. I just bought a used Crown Vic and it has some pretty bad scratches from where the wipers were probably poorly maintained. Would there be anything in the Adams line I could use to get those out? I have all the paint and metal polishes offered by Adams as well as every pad type. I was thinking a mf pad with metal polish might be the best combo to try. Just looking for some advice here. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

Nope.  None of Adam's polishes will touch that.  You need a glass polishing product which is a huge, messy job.  Might be better to replace the windshield.

Thanks Roger. I saw some of it on Amazon. Might have to give it a shot. Not too worried about mess. 

1 hour ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

This is an excellent question for our friend @shane@detailedreflections He will give you a great answer and lead you the right way! Some pictures might help him out as well.

Thanks. Glass is VERY hard to polish out. It’s way harder than paint and requires glass polishes. CarPro makes a product called CeriGlass that works well. But plan to spend a considerable amount of time polishing it and you’ll need rayon glass pads. Probably easier to get new glass honestly. 

Using a foam pad and finishing polish is more of a good glass cleaner than anything else. 

On 12/1/2018 at 8:16 PM, Junior said:

Thanks for all the info. I have some glass polish and pads on the way. I’ll give it a shot and see how it goes.

Take your time and if possible, have someone there with you to periodically spritz water onto the glass. The glass polish has a tendency to dry up since you're creating so much heat. Even though the product dried up doesn't mean the abrasives aren't there. The water will allow the abrasives to do more work. 

It takes some patience to do but should make your glass better than it is now.