Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spray Wax stains towels pink

It would have been nice to have known ahead of time. I certainly would have used a different towel. Yes the towel can still be used but that's not the point, Adam's goes out of the way to specify a specific towel, and not exactly a cheap one at that, they could at least tell me my towel will never look the same again before I use the product.

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

Hmm. Might I ask the process/product you used to wash the towel?

Whites, colors, wheel/engine towels in separate loads using Adam's MF Wash on a delicate cycle with warm water and cold rinse. Dried in the drier on the air only/delicate cycle

1 hour ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

I understand the frustration with staining. But are the fibers of the actual towel ruined? or is it just the color? If it is just the color of the towel that has changed,  the performance of the towel should still be usable. 

No the fibers aren't ruined and the towel is still usable but will now be dedicated to this task alone which I wasn't planning on.

This is a product feedback forum and I came to leave my feedback. Jump all over me all you want I could care less. I think Adam's should include some kind of hint on the bottle that the specific towel they recommended you to use for the process will permanently be altered. I would not have used the towel I did had I known that before hand. I took the time to read their label and instructions prior to use. It's my choice to be anal about the things I spend top dollar for and I'm letting the company holding my dollars know how I feel.

Edited by Editguy

1 hour ago, Editguy said:

Whites, colors, wheel/engine towels in separate loads using Adam's MF Wash on a delicate cycle with warm water and cold rinse. Dried in the drier on the air only/delicate cycle

48 minutes ago, Editguy said:

This is a product feedback forum and I came to leave my feedback. Jump all over me all you want I could care less. I think Adam's should include some kind of hint on the bottle that the specific towel they recommended you to use for the process will permanently be altered. I would not have used the towel I did had I known that before hand. I took the time to read their label and instructions prior to use. It's my choice to be anal about the things I spend top dollar for and I'm letting the company holding my dollars know how I feel.

Only things I do differently is use the normal cylce vs. delicate, and an extra rinse. Sorry this happened.

Feedback always welcome. I'm sure Adam's would like to hear it. Recommend you call them and explain what happened. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they replace your towel (and then some). If not or you choose no to, I'll be happy to send you one.

8 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Only things I do differently is use the normal cylce vs. delicate, and an extra rinse. Sorry this happened.

Feedback always welcome. I'm sure Adam's would like to hear it. Recommend you call them and explain what happened. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they replace your towel (and then some). If not or you choose no to, I'll be happy to send you one.

I appreciate the offer Chris but that is totally unnecessary, thank you though 

So in the future, I would say a borderless grey towel would work better to hide the stains since it bothers you. 

The first time I tried Guard and Gloss my double softs got stained. It is what it is unfortunately. Still performs the same but I feel your pain on wanting to keep the color white. 

12 hours ago, falcaineer said:

@Editguy - Chris is 100% right. I am SURE they would send you a new towel. Don't underestimate the power of customer service my friend!

18 minutes ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

@Editguy - Chris is 100% right. I am SURE they would send you a new towel. Don't underestimate the power of customer service my friend!

I'm sure they would too but that's not why I posted.  I would like to see them to do the right thing and warn people this will happen by properly labeling the bottle. 

Edited by Editguy

The OP has a point.  If the spray wax stains microfiber, it could possibly stain your white tee shirts, or any other clothing.   He makes a valid point in wondering what other things it could stain or discolor.   For that matter, ANYTHING that contains red dye or coloring could do as much.  I agree with Chris. Give Adam's a call or send them a private message .