Jump to content
Customer Service 866.965.0400
Editguy

Spray Wax stains towels pink

Recommended Posts

I'm a little pissed I used a nice double soft as per Adam's recommendation with the new spray wax only to have it permanent stained pink. A little heads up it will ruin your towels would be nice....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would have been nice to have known ahead of time. I certainly would have used a different towel. Yes the towel can still be used but that's not the point, Adam's goes out of the way to specify a specific towel, and not exactly a cheap one at that, they could at least tell me my towel will never look the same again before I use the product.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if it stains towels it will most likely stain clothing as well. People should know this before using the product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the frustration with staining. But are the fibers of the actual towel ruined? or is it just the color? If it is just the color of the towel that has changed,  the performance of the towel should still be usable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

Hmm. Might I ask the process/product you used to wash the towel?

Whites, colors, wheel/engine towels in separate loads using Adam's MF Wash on a delicate cycle with warm water and cold rinse. Dried in the drier on the air only/delicate cycle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

I understand the frustration with staining. But are the fibers of the actual towel ruined? or is it just the color? If it is just the color of the towel that has changed,  the performance of the towel should still be usable. 

 

No the fibers aren't ruined and the towel is still usable but will now be dedicated to this task alone which I wasn't planning on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a product feedback forum and I came to leave my feedback. Jump all over me all you want I could care less. I think Adam's should include some kind of hint on the bottle that the specific towel they recommended you to use for the process will permanently be altered. I would not have used the towel I did had I known that before hand. I took the time to read their label and instructions prior to use. It's my choice to be anal about the things I spend top dollar for and I'm letting the company holding my dollars know how I feel.

Edited by Editguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Editguy said:

Whites, colors, wheel/engine towels in separate loads using Adam's MF Wash on a delicate cycle with warm water and cold rinse. Dried in the drier on the air only/delicate cycle

 

48 minutes ago, Editguy said:

This is a product feedback forum and I came to leave my feedback. Jump all over me all you want I could care less. I think Adam's should include some kind of hint on the bottle that the specific towel they recommended you to use for the process will permanently be altered. I would not have used the towel I did had I known that before hand. I took the time to read their label and instructions prior to use. It's my choice to be anal about the things I spend top dollar for and I'm letting the company holding my dollars know how I feel.

 

Only things I do differently is use the normal cylce vs. delicate, and an extra rinse. Sorry this happened.

 

Feedback always welcome. I'm sure Adam's would like to hear it. Recommend you call them and explain what happened. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they replace your towel (and then some). If not or you choose no to, I'll be happy to send you one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, falcaineer said:

 

 

Only things I do differently is use the normal cylce vs. delicate, and an extra rinse. Sorry this happened.

 

Feedback always welcome. I'm sure Adam's would like to hear it. Recommend you call them and explain what happened. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they replace your towel (and then some). If not or you choose no to, I'll be happy to send you one.

I appreciate the offer Chris but that is totally unnecessary, thank you though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in the future, I would say a borderless grey towel would work better to hide the stains since it bothers you. 

 

The first time I tried Guard and Gloss my double softs got stained. It is what it is unfortunately. Still performs the same but I feel your pain on wanting to keep the color white. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, GXPaycheck said:

So it will stain clothing then? That’s the more important question. 

Based on my experience it would say yes it will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, falcaineer said:

 

 

Only things I do differently is use the normal cylce vs. delicate, and an extra rinse. Sorry this happened.

 

Feedback always welcome. I'm sure Adam's would like to hear it. Recommend you call them and explain what happened. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they replace your towel (and then some). If not or you choose no to, I'll be happy to send you one.

@Editguy - Chris is 100% right. I am SURE they would send you a new towel. Don't underestimate the power of customer service my friend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

@Editguy - Chris is 100% right. I am SURE they would send you a new towel. Don't underestimate the power of customer service my friend!

I'm sure they would too but that's not why I posted.  I would like to see them to do the right thing and warn people this will happen by properly labeling the bottle. 

Edited by Editguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used a borderless blue towel (yes, an older towel) to remove spray wax because I’m a rebel. I didn’t see any staining on that one, but that also could be because I’m colorblind.  

Edited by Tim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OP has a point.  If the spray wax stains microfiber, it could possibly stain your white tee shirts, or any other clothing.   He makes a valid point in wondering what other things it could stain or discolor.   For that matter, ANYTHING that contains red dye or coloring could do as much.  I agree with Chris. Give Adam's a call or send them a private message .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not a stain issue, G&G will actually build up and not wash out of the fibers, eventually making the towel water proof.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×