Customer Service 866.965.0400

Borderless Grey MF for WW

HRPinDC

Question

Hi All,

I just bought a bunch of grey boarderless MF towels along with a gallon of Rinseless Wash. In my huge stash of Adams’s stuff, I found that I also have a gallon of WW (I don’t even remember buying that.....). Can I use these towels with the WW instead of the waffle ones? 

I am planning to use Rinseless and Waterless on my 66 Mustang rather than the usual 2 bucket wash I do on my DD. 

Thanks for the advice!

HP

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, HRPinDC said:

Hi All,

I just bought a bunch of grey boarderless MF towels along with a gallon of Rinseless Wash. In my huge stash of Adams’s stuff, I found that I also have a gallon of WW (I don’t even remember buying that.....). Can I use these towels with the WW instead of the waffle ones? 

I am planning to use Rinseless and Waterless on my 66 Mustang rather than the usual 2 bucket wash I do on my DD. 

Thanks for the advice!

HP

Hey Howard! Great question. The waffle weave towels are designed more towards waterless wash. The waffle weave and  waterless wash compliment each other. The waffle weave pattern will definitely pick up dirt better than the borderless grey. The waffle weave pattern is just more designed for that type of use. (I think. Don't quote me on that though) The borderless grey ones are more for rinseless wash, buffing  product off, H20 G&G And other applications. Although no one says you can'!t try it But I'm not sure how well the results will be. I would also consider how plush that borderless grey towel is compared to the waffle weave. If you use the borderless grey on a dirty car it could potentially damage the towel and fibers of the towel; then you would be out of a towel or however many. Just something to consider! 

6 hours ago, HRPinDC said:

Hi All,

Thanks for the advice!

HP

I have tried a borderless grey with WW and it did not work nearly as well as the WW towels do.  I use WW primarily on the garage queen, but have also found it to be very effective for door wells and it was on a door well that I tried the borderless grey.  It gave the impression of pushing the dirt around instead of picking it up, basically about the same as if you used your finger to go across the the door sill - there was a clean spot, but a noticeable ridge where the towel ended.   If I do get a place where there is more grime or a road film on the sills or between the doors, the truck closure and places like that I used an older towel with WW for the first pass and then use a WW towel for the 2nd pass.

Anything worse than that I usually go to APC and an engine towel for the first pass.

6 hours ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

Hey Howard! Great question. The waffle weave towels are designed more towards waterless wash. The waffle weave and  waterless wash compliment each other. The waffle weave pattern will definitely pick up dirt better than the borderless grey. The waffle weave pattern is just more designed for that type of use. (I think. Don't quote me on that though) The borderless grey ones are more for rinseless wash, buffing  product off, H20 G&G And other applications. Although no one says you can'!t try it But I'm not sure how well the results will be. I would also consider how plush that borderless grey towel is compared to the waffle weave. If you use the borderless grey on a dirty car it could potentially damage the towel and fibers of the towel; then you would be out of a towel or however many. Just something to consider! 

28 minutes ago, RayS said:

I have tried a borderless grey with WW and it did not work nearly as well as the WW towels do.  I use WW primarily on the garage queen, but have also found it to be very effective for door wells and it was on a door well that I tried the borderless grey.  It gave the impression of pushing the dirt around instead of picking it up, basically about the same as if you used your finger to go across the the door sill - there was a clean spot, but a noticeable ridge where the towel ended.   If I do get a place where there is more grime or a road film on the sills or between the doors, the truck closure and places like that I used an older towel with WW for the first pass and then use a WW towel for the 2nd pass.

Anything worse than that I usually go to APC and an engine towel for the first pass.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your advice. It seems like the Rinseless and Waterless products and process are so close, that the towels would be interchangeable. Looks like I’ll need to grab a few WW towels. My Adam’s habit is for sure going to cause a divorce.....

Have a great day!

Nah, just keep their car looking good too, that and the appliances, and a few other household items. 

And here is a recent video Adams put out on the Waterless process, the waterless like solution that you can make with rinseless follows these same guidelines. 

Having only done a waterless wash on my vehicle a few times (rinseless is my go-to) I can say I don't feel 100% comfortable using the "waterless wash towel" on my paint. I've heard a very knowledgeable detailer say "If you feel like you're scratching the pain, you probably are". And I can't help but to get that feeling using the waffle weave towel. 

However, I think they make good glass towels and I prefer the borderless grey style towel (480-500gsm, long nap plush towel) over a waffle weave for this scenario. The dirt has somewhere to go "up" into with the longer nap. 

I won't get into it much more but a 500gsm towel is my go-to for rinseless or waterless washing any time. 

My last reply on this subject, but if you go to the 1:32 mark of the video above you can clearly see the dirt sitting on the raised pockets, not going into the recessed ones like is stated. A plush microfiber will give you more surface area and more space for the dirt to travel (into the long fibers). 

I have learned to experiment with certain things and not always take someone's word for gold. When you experiment, you learn and gain wisdom :)

Edited by cwp2016nd

Guys above have you covered...use the blue waffle weaves for the WW.

Using the right products for the job will minimize any potential damage, making both outstanding options for what they're made for. The amount of dirt on the car drives which product you should use. Light dust, finger prints, etc, on a recently cleaned car are perfect for WW and the blue WW towels. Dirtier but not caked on is better for RW and Double Softs. Caked on stuff needs to be knocked off or do a full two bucket method.

Here's a couple more videos where Adam demos WW on a Lambo and '57 El Dorado. I've gotten very similar results.

Edited by falcaineer

9 hours ago, falcaineer said:

By the way, the RW dilution @pirahnah3 mentioned above is 16:1 for a waterless wash-like solution. It's not the same, but pretty similar at a much more economical price point. But for the record, I much prefer the WW scent.

I will agree on scent, which is nicer in the WW