Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Ceramic Spray Coating and SALE!

TheWolf

10 hours ago, dg150 said:

What is the advantage to this compared to paint sealant? The longevity is about the same but the price of the ceramic spray is a lot higher. 

None of us know the true longevity of the ceramic spray yet but it claims 6-8 months of protection.  There's no way you are getting 6-8 months of real protection from a paint sealant unless your car never leaves the garage.  

That is true. I typically don't get too long of life out of any sealants. The tires on my truck stick out past the fenders so I get a lot of road grime thrown up on the side of my truck. It tends to eat the sealants off pretty quick. Hopefully the ceramic spray will hold up better to the abuse. I can't wait to start seeing some reviews on it.

4 hours ago, Hamilton Detail said:

If you don’t want to wait, it’s already been done by several other companies. 

Nah, I'm in no rush, I was just curious if it was still going to be a thing.

4 hours ago, GolfR said:

I've seen it noted a few times that their Wash & Wax goes well with Ceramic paste wax and ceramic coatings. It has SIO2 in it. 

I've seen that too, but I've never really been wowed by the W&W.  Of course that could be because I've never used it on a coated car.....

16 minutes ago, jpu471 said:

So does this take the place of the more expensive difficult to apply ceramic coating in the little bottle?

How are they different?

Yes and no. It's either an easier to apply, shorter lifespan alternative, in which case it's a replacement. Or a topper for already-coated vehicles, so an additive. As the description says, think of the spray as a sheet of paper, and the small bottle coating as the ream. 

In the end, they're both true coatings. So do you want ease of application or longevity? Recommend you watch the video and read the product page for more details.

Edited by falcaineer

25 minutes ago, zw470 said:

Does it need to be polished off like their traditional ceramic coating?

The video and description lead you to a yes on that one.  If it still flashes over like the bottle does, then yes.  Like Chris said, this is still a true coating.  You are trading a little bit of longevity for ease of application.  Everything else (methods, application, maintenance, etc) I'm guessing remains the same.

Edited by galaxy

1 hour ago, zw470 said:

Does it need to be polished off like their traditional ceramic coating?

58 minutes ago, galaxy said:

The video and description lead you to a yes on that one.  If it still flashes over like the bottle does, then yes.  Like Chris said, this is still a true coating.  You are trading a little bit of longevity for ease of application.  Everything else (methods, application, maintenance, etc) I'm guessing remains the same.

Yes, it does, if you want to remove it.

Is there a minimum temperature that you can work  with this stuff?  It's winter here.  Or should I just shelf it until it's in the 60's?

And can I use it on top of the vinyl stripes? 

That instagram post convinced me to buy the CSC.  I wasnt going to because i need to use up the americana and buttery wax i have and i literally received an order last week.  Buuuuut, I need to correct the roof on my truck this week, figured that would be a good test area for this stuff.  It such a pain to get up there and work on, this stuff should make it easier plus provide good protection once the summer texas sun beat down later on.  

16 minutes ago, rwl said:

Why do the instructions say to spray it on a microfiber towel and then wipe on?  Why can't you spray directly onto the paint surface and then wipe with a microfiber towel?

By spraying into a towel, you prevent overspray. It also helps the product last longer as it won't get blown away as you're spraying it onto the paint. I would think it would work either way but you have more control over it if you spray it directly into a towel and only apply it where you want it. 

Here's some answers to recent questions:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

“How do I prep my paint for this product? How can I ensure I’ll get the maximum longevity out of it?" If your paint is bare and ready for a protective coating, you’ll want to clay your car at minimum to remove any bonded contaminants. This not only will give you that silky smooth feeling we all love and enjoy, but it will also cleanse the paint of any bonded surface contamination that will hinder the coating from bonding to the surface. Once clayed, simply use an IPA based prepping agent, or our Coating Prep, and coat the desired area once finished. For optimum results, we recommend perfecting your paint by removing any swirls, oxidation, or water spots using our Swirl Killer Polishing System.

“Can Ceramic Spray Coating be applied over my current wax or sealant?” The short answer is no. For optimized results, we recommend stripping the surface before coating. Use a Fine Grade Clay Bar and Detail Spray, followed with Coating Prep. Since our waxes and sealants are great forms of protection, the coating will be partially rejected during the bonding process and hinder the duration and longevity of this coating.

“What if my car is already Ceramic coated?” If your car is already coated, you’ll want to use a Fine Grade Clay bar and Detail Spray to remove any surface contamination. Then, apply a few mists of Coating Prep to remove any surface oils or residue— Finally, apply the coating by spraying it into your microfiber towel and treating the surface desired. 1-2 Minute Flash Time, 4 Hour No-Touch-Time

“How come Ceramic Spray Coating doesn’t last as long as your current Ceramic Paint Coating?” With this new chemistry, we made application extremely easy. When it comes to ceramic coatings, you have a hardness that the ceramic cures to, the hardest measured test being 9H to truly be accredited. The hardness doesn’t mean how long it lasts though, but the easiest way to think of this is like a ream of paper vs one single sheet. Paper doesn’t become stronger as you stack it. Ceramics coatings, particularly our paint and wheel coatings, are both 9H but create different film thickness (how many stacks of paper high). Ceramic Paint Coating creates a relatively thin layer, conserving the gloss, shine, and uniqueness of your finish— whereas Ceramic Wheel Coating creates a thicker layer for heat resistant, reduced brake dust adhesion, and overall increased longevity. With Adam’s Ceramic Spray Coating, the chemistry is unique for the delivery method creating a thin layer of ceramic protection with each wipe!

“If it’s 9H, why isn’t it the same as Ceramic Paint Coating?” With ceramic coatings, once you apply the ceramic to the surface the ceramic starts to flash and cure, building up a layer of protection. Once it is dry or cured, the hardness it cures to is 9H. Think of it as a sheet of paper, versus an entire ream— The sheet of paper would be the 9H hardness, and how thick the ream of paper is would be how thick the ceramic develops and cures to.

“Can I layer this product to make it last longer?” Yes, of course, but that doesn’t mean layering this product 10 times will make it 10x longer. More than 3 applications will render the product redundant and still provide the same hydrophobic effects.

“What surfaces can I use Ceramic Spray Coating on?” Adam’s Ceramic Spray Coating provides protection to an extreme range of areas on your vehicle. Paint, Wheels, Glass, Headlights, Plastic trim, Bed liners, Tonneau covers, Canvas tops, Floor mats, Unfinished metal— All can be protected with Ceramic Spray Coating. We strongly recommend that you apply the product panel by panel to ensure thorough application and as much control of overspray as possible.

“How long do I have to wait for Ceramic Paint Coating to cure?” Since this product is dispensed through a sprayer, it starts curing as soon as you start to pull the trigger and the product flows onto the towel! Once it’s applied to the surface intended for treatment, let it rainbow and “flash” for 1-2 minutes, then remove with a microfiber towel. After the treatment is applied, you’ll want to keep it safe and element-free for about 3-4 hours.

“Can I reuse my Microfiber towels after being used with Ceramic Spray Coating?” Treat your towels as you would with any other coating. With Ceramic Spray Coating, you have bought yourself some extra time since it's so thin, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t crystallize and harden over time. If you apply the coating and then toss the towels in the washing machine, you’ll remove most of the residual coating in the towel. The longer you expose your towels to oxygen, the more susceptible it is for crystallization. If you coat your car, then leave the towel overnight perhaps, then you might have a tougher time removing the coating from the microfibers.

“If I have Ceramic Paint Coating on my car, and want to top it with Ceramic Spray Coating, Ceramic Paste Wax & Ceramic Boost, how do I layer them?” Ceramic Paint Coating should always be applied first since it’s the thickest layer. Ceramic Spray Coating should then be applied additionally and allowed to cure for 4 hours. If desired, you’ll want to top it with Ceramic Paste Wax first, then Ceramic Boost if you’re wanting the maximum shine we are currently able to offer!

“What happens if I forget to remove a spot or end up with a high-spot?” Adam’s Ceramic Spray Coating does have a slight self-leveling agent built into the formula for ease of use, but we know that accidents happen. If you forget a spot and you catch it in time (10-20 minutes after removal) simply apply to that area and wipe off after 1-2 minutes. Reactivating the product will allow for easier removal. If left on for longer, we recommend Brilliant Glaze and a microfiber applicator, or machine polishing with Correcting Polish to fully remove the imperfection.

“Can I use this on Matte/ Satin Paint or Vinyl Wraps? Will it make it glossy?” You can use this on Matte and Satin finishes. It will add increasingly better depth and sheen to the surface, but will not make it shiny! As this coating will flash on a clear coat, window, or gloss surface, you will not get flashing but still need to level off the coating as it will look streaky and smudgy in appearance upon application.

“Can I use this on my interior?” No. This product is recommended for use on exterior surfaces and because of the strong odor, we do not recommend use for this on any interior surfaces.

1 minute ago, jpu471 said:

Same ceramic boost protocol?

In as much as it is a spray on, wipe off process, yes. But there is a wait period...1-2 minutes...for rainbow effect to happen before removal. Recommend you follow the video instructions to ensure correct application.

21 minutes ago, jpu471 said:

Since the video does not address using Ceramic Boost my question is ,is it still necessary to use CB as you recommend with the more traditional ceramic product?

Yes, that is recommended.  See Step #10 in the application instructions.