Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Ceramic Spray Coating and SALE!

TheWolf

On 1/14/2019 at 8:08 AM, Bscott94 said:

By spraying into a towel, you prevent overspray. It also helps the product last longer as it won't get blown away as you're spraying it onto the paint. I would think it would work either way but you have more control over it if you spray it directly into a towel and only apply it where you want it. 

I wonder if you could spray it onto a hex-grip applicator like the "alternate" method that we used for Quick Sealant way back when?  The hex-grips are a couple bucks cheaper than a single-soft and I'd feel much better about having to throw away a hunk of foam every time instead of a nice microfiber.

On 1/9/2019 at 4:58 PM, TheWolf said:

“Can I reuse my Microfiber towels after being used with Ceramic Spray Coating?” Treat your towels as you would with any other coating. With Ceramic Spray Coating, you have bought yourself some extra time since it's so thin, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t crystalize and harden over time. If you apply the coating and then toss the towels in the washing machine, you’ll remove most of the residual coating in the towel. The longer you expose your towels to oxygen, the more susceptible it is for crystallization. If you coat your car, then leave the towel overnight perhaps, then you might have a tougher time removing the coating from the microfibers.

That would answer the question about throwing the towel away. As for the applicator I dont see why not, by method it sounds about the same, but maybe someone with some more knowledge can chime in. 

1 hour ago, zw470 said:

I wonder if you could spray it onto a hex-grip applicator like the "alternate" method that we used for Quick Sealant way back when?  The hex-grips are a couple bucks cheaper than a single-soft and I'd feel much better about having to throw away a hunk of foam every time instead of a nice microfiber.

My concern would be an uneven, perhaps streaky application given the peaks and valleys on that applicator vs. the smoothness of paint. Doesn't matter with tires since they're generally a lot more uneven anyway. My two cents.

1 hour ago, zw470 said:

There are other super quality towels that can be had for way less than that hex grip applicator.  I wouldn’t use foam to apply.

Edited by camaro2ssblack

10 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

My concern would be an uneven, perhaps streaky application given the peaks and valleys on that applicator vs. the smoothness of paint. Doesn't matter with tires since they're generally a lot more uneven anyway. My two cents.

Not the tire applicator, the red wax applicator one.

adams_polishes_red_hex_grip.jpg

When using it on trim do you just apply it with the microfiber and call it good, or do you wipe it off like on the paint? 

The video of the bed liner it looks like they just wipe it on and leave it. 

3 hours ago, zw470 said:

Not the tire applicator, the red wax applicator one.

adams_polishes_red_hex_grip.jpg

Well that makes more sense 😁. But even still, here's what happened to mine when I accidentally dripped Glass Sealant on it. Not sure if it would hold up to CSC given that. I agree with @camaro2ssblack to find less expensive towels (if that's a concern) vs. the foam. Plus I think a towel will make it a faster application.

Edited by falcaineer

7 hours ago, BluedogGMC said:

I think you would be able to use the micro fiber square applicator for it. 

Adam's Gray Microfiber Applicator Pads (2 Pack)

I had to quit using those for exterior work because I couldn't stop dropping them every couple of minutes  :lolsmack:

7 hours ago, Rich said:

I wonder if a foam applicator would dissolve or fall apart from the coating. There's a reason they tell you to use a micro towel.  

I'm sure you're right, but someone always seems to come up with an "off-label" way of doing things around here  :jester: 

Edited by zw470

Hopefully this will help your guys' situation.  I bought some small foam ceramic coating applicators to try a while back and they absolutely sucked.  That was with Adams Paint Coating but I'm sure the results would be similar with Ceramic Spray.

The foam gave me a very uneven layer and runs due to it not being able to hold the liquid like the suede applicator or a towel would.  You need something that can absorb the spray but also be able to let it go evenly as you're applying it.

Edited by red94chev

10 hours ago, Rich said:

I wonder if a foam applicator would dissolve or fall apart from the coating. There's a reason they tell you to use a micro towel.  

3 hours ago, zw470 said:

I had to quit using those for exterior work because I couldn't stop dropping them every couple of minutes  :lolsmack:

I'm sure you're right, but someone always seems to come up with an "off-label" way of doing things around here  :jester: 

3 hours ago, red94chev said:

Hopefully this will help your guys' situation.  I bought some small foam ceramic coating applicators to try a while back and they absolutely sucked.  That was with Adams Paint Coating but I'm sure the results would be similar with Ceramic Spray.

The foam gave me a very uneven layer and runs due to it not being able to hold the liquid like the suede applicator or a towel would.  You need something that can absorb the spray but also be able to let it go evenly as you're applying it.

Agreed with not using foam. See my posts above.

42 minutes ago, Z06Seal said:

Just purchased it too... Really hoping this is a good product. Almost sounds too good to be true. I'll apply it to the Vette and the daily driver

It's an awesome product. Sounds too good because it's new. You're gonna love it!

1 minute ago, falcaineer said:

It's an awesome product. Sounds too good because it's new. You're gonna love it!

I'm hoping!!! I just never really wanted to do the traditional way because I'm a fan of easy to apply stuff. Spray on, haze, buff off seems easy enough to me lol.

1 minute ago, Z06Seal said:

I'm hoping!!! I just never really wanted to do the traditional way because I'm a fan of easy to apply stuff. Spray on, haze, buff off seems easy enough to me lol.

Then this is right up your alley! Post some pics when you get 'er all purdy!

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Why?  

Because we're human and some of us always think we got a better way of doing things. Look at politics LOL

4 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Then this is right up your alley! Post some pics when you get 'er all purdy!

For sure! I think this is going to shine for the daily driver malibu.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:52 PM, Z06Seal said:

Because we're human and some of us always think we got a better way of doing things.

And then we learned we were wrong and if the wife finds out we will be reminding of it constantly.

On 1/17/2019 at 12:54 PM, Fricfracfrank said:

Anybody waiting a long time for their order to ship.....it’s been “processing” for over a week now.

If spray ceramic coating is all you ordered, it probably wont be shipping yet.  I got my order with a card that said it's currently backordered.  Which sucks big time, I clayed, polished, prepped, counting on receiving the spray yesterday.  When I got my package and saw the card I was like wtf?  Would have been nice to know it was backordered when I placed the order.  So I ran to the garage and applied a coat of sealant.  Now I'll have to strip that off again once it arrives.  Whenever that is.

Got my 16oz kit , but the smaller bottle is on back order.  

A tip for those applying the Ceramic Spray on your ride's windows. Be sure your side windows are UP and the doors are OPEN so you can get the whole window and don't miss the edges.   Otherwise, you'll end up with a rim around the window. 

Pretty bummed out that I received my ceramic coating boost thing, but not the smaller 8oz bottle I purchased. I wish they had made it so it said it was on backorder... I thought they forgot to put it in the box and I was like "oh boy, let's see if they even believe me".

so now I got ceramic boost spray with no ceramic coating to apply lol...