Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Ceramic Spray Coating and SALE!

TheWolf

18 hours ago, Mbrazelton said:

To go along with Hype Marketing 101

They did a great job at marketing this stuff.  Hopefully they figure out how to code in "backordered" on the description next time lol.  With the way people are these days, I see no good coming from not telling people the stuff they ordered isnt in stock anymore on top of letting it be a surprise when they open their box of products and it not being in there.

Looking at it from another view/a different idea - Given that currently the website doesn't display items as back ordered (only out of stock), it makes sense that they ship what they can and then ship the remaining item(s) later as they become available. 

If they were able to have items show as back-ordered on the website, I'd be ok with my whole order being held for shipping until everything is available. I'm sure not everyone would be on board, but I feel like it could help reduce unneeded shipping costs on their end and decrease some confusion/issues with people receiving their order and an item or two not being present. I know the first time I received an order and an item was back-ordered, I didn't see the note right away and was thoroughly confused as to where my wax was. 

15 minutes ago, GolfR said:

Looking at it from another view/a different idea - Given that currently the website doesn't display items as back ordered (only out of stock), it makes sense that they ship what they can and then ship the remaining item(s) later as they become available. 

If they were able to have items show as back-ordered on the website, I'd be ok with my whole order being held for shipping until everything is available. I'm sure not everyone would be on board, but I feel like it could help reduce unneeded shipping costs on their end and decrease some confusion/issues with people receiving their order and an item or two not being present. I know the first time I received an order and an item was back-ordered, I didn't see the note right away and was thoroughly confused as to where my wax was. 

For me the issue has been that I've ordered a couple of things, get a shipping notification, clean out the garage in preparation... and then the package arrives with the main ingredient missing. A big part of it is that I'm living proof that Murphy's Law really is a law. The two big ones that caught me were the Mini Swirl Killer back order and the ceramic coating kit. What would be nice is knowing when the box leaves, what didn't leave in the box.

On 1/22/2019 at 8:50 AM, camaro2ssblack said:

Crowdfunding 101.

That is not what Crowdfunding is.  Crowdfunding is typically taking orders and payments on a product that has not been fully developed yet, to collect the funds needed to complete the full R&D and to produce the future product.

In the case of CSC being backordered, the product was clearly already developed, and R&D and manufacturing costs were already paid for.  The only issue was that demand exceeded current supply at the time of product launch, so more product had to be manufactured and bottled to fulfilled the backorders.

When it first came out, it was available on Amazon in all sizes.  Shortly after it showed up, say a day or two, it went out of stock for a few hours, all sizes.  Then the 8oz bottle came back in stock.  Eventually both sizes came back into stock but today, both sizes are yet again out of stock.  

Maybe since inventory isn't shown when ordering direct through Adam's, Amazon can be used as a quick guesstimate after the above observation.  And, of course, this is when an item has a separate shipping charge attached to it like the CSC has had on Amazon.  If it has Prime shipping, it ships from a separate inventory and not direct from Adam's.

6 hours ago, DaleH said:

For me the issue has been that I've ordered a couple of things, get a shipping notification, clean out the garage in preparation... and then the package arrives with the main ingredient missing. A big part of it is that I'm living proof that Murphy's Law really is a law. The two big ones that caught me were the Mini Swirl Killer back order and the ceramic coating kit. What would be nice is knowing when the box leaves, what didn't leave in the box.

I learned many years ago that whatever can go wrong will.  When I am planning a project there are two options - wait for the product to arrive or go get it locally.  You can never count on a delivery date even if it says "out for delivery" from any deliver service since anything can happen enroute.  If I have a two or three day task or in the case of the Mustang a many-month task, then I'll go ahead and start with the full understanding that it may be delayed at any point. 

On 1/24/2019 at 8:20 AM, GolfR said:

I gotta agree with this.  I'm not even upset the ceramic spray didn't show up, just wish I would have been informed prior.  I would have still ordered it but not wasted my time preparing for it to arrive.  They should take a que off amazon and code in an option to split up shipping or wait for all items and ship at once, per customer request.  This can only benefit Adam's, unless their current business model is resulting in a lot of split shipping that is making them eat the cost.  Then it would likely benefit the end users overall cost too.  

Edited by dirtymarcus