Customer Service 866.965.0400

Micro suede seats

dirtymarcus

Question

I installed some Corbeau LG1 micros suede seats in my car over the summer.  Now the car is not a daily driver and isnt taken out of the garage except when I drive it, maybe 10 or so days a year.  I have heard the Corbeau micro suede seats fade easy, even when not exposed to direct sunlight.  Is there any product I can use to help prevent this, that wont ruin the micro suede?

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Maybe consider a nice seat cover to protect them.   Did they come Scotchguarded or any fabric protectant at all?

They didn't come scothguarded or anything.  I guess that's an option and just leaving them covered.

1 hour ago, tlbullet said:

First off, what kind of car we talking about?? Would love to see pics of it!!

I think Rich has a good point, keep the seats covered in the garage, then take them off for the few days she gets out to play.     

I'll get a few good pics this week. It's nothing special, just an LS swapped 91 mustang.  Its clean, drives great, and has lots done to it but it's no veyron lol.  I still have more planned for the engine in the next year.

9 hours ago, Beemer said:

I think i would contact the manufacturer of the seats and see what they recommend.

I have, all they recommend is buying their seat covers lol.  I may end up doing it but was hoping for a suggestion of something that would prevent fading without the need of a cover.  I wasnt sure if scotchguard actually repelled uv rays and fading.

I would recommend bi-weekly maintenance with the Cockpit Brush to keep them clean and looking great. Gently brush the seat to remove light dirt and dust from the micro suede material. You want to be very careful with putting too much chemical onto suede and Alcantara surfaces, as the material can be damaged if it gets too wet. If they do ever get dirty or a stain in them, I will use one or two sprays of our Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner sprayed into an Edgeless Utility Towel, and then gently wipe the stain and immediately dry the area as much as possible with a second dry Edgeless Utility Towel.

Are the windows tinted? Some of the paint protection film brands on the market now offer optically clear window tint that block up to 99% of UV rays as well.

On 1/23/2019 at 10:04 AM, Dan@Adams said:

I would recommend bi-weekly maintenance with the Cockpit Brush to keep them clean and looking great. Gently brush the seat to remove light dirt and dust from the micro suede material. You want to be very careful with putting too much chemical onto suede and Alcantara surfaces, as the material can be damaged if it gets too wet. If they do ever get dirty or a stain in them, I will use one or two sprays of our Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner sprayed into an Edgeless Utility Towel, and then gently wipe the stain and immediately dry the area as much as possible with a second dry Edgeless Utility Towel.

Are the windows tinted? Some of the paint protection film brands on the market now offer optically clear window tint that block up to 99% of UV rays as well.

That's basically the procedure I've been doing.  The windows are tinted so that should help.  I even tinted the only window in my garage to help keep the uv rays out.  I guess I'll keep doing as you said.  Thanks everyone!