Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior Detailer vs. Leather Detailer

creekdeacon

Question

I recently purchased Interior Detailer based on a friend's recommendation for a recently purchased Corvette.  I didn't realize how much of the dash and console was covered in leather. Is the Interior Detailer safe for using on leather?  And how often do you use leather conditioner, or do you need to use leather conditioner?

3 answers to this question

Your freind gave you some good advice!

As @Beemer said, ID is perfectly safe for your leather. It's best for light cleaning and maintenance, if that's what you're after.

But to confirm, when you said "Leather Detailer," are you also asking about Leather Conditioner or Leather and Interior Cleaner? The former has some mild cleaning agents, SPF 65, and leaves the surface looking great. It's not oily, either. It also smells awesome! The latter is a heavier duty cleaner that should also be followed up with the LC to recondition the leather.

I use LC every couple months on my daily, but you could use it more or less often than that. Some leather needs more than others. Quite a few Vette owners on here... @Rich being one...that could attest to how often he applies it to his. 

Interior Detailer will work great on your leather. Think of Interior Detailer as Detail Spray for the interior.

How often on Leather Conditioner?  Depends on a lot of things.  Condition of the leather, how much it is used, where the car is kept, weather?  I condition about twice a year on my garage kept weekender.  Interior Detailer the rest of the time.

I had an 02 Black Z06 with the mod red interior.  Only thing I ever used on it was the Leather Conditioner.  Used it on the seats, dash, doors, steering wheels, etc.  Had that car 10 years, and the day I traded it in, the inside looked like day 1.   So when I got my 13, same thing.  Nothing other than Adam's Leather Conditioner has ever touched the interior, and nothing else ever will.   Same with my daily drivers with leather.  And let me add this.  Corvettes are known for their dashes drying out and separating from the panels underneath.  I don't use sun screens or whatever you call those fold up things for the windshield.  My rides go to shows with the top down, in the hot sun. And I have never had any fading or separating or any issues at all.  

Interior Detailer is a good product, but I can't speak to long term results.