Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Spray Coating on cars that just go to car shows and back

bosco1

Question

What's your guys thoughts on Ceramic Spray Coating on cars that just go to car shows and back or Maybe a weekend cruise? Cars that don't see the rain unless you get caught in it. I'm thinking maybe just the wheels since none of the conventional Adams products play well with ceramic. What do you guys think? I've not purchased any ceramic coating/spray yet just used Adams paint sealant and H2O GG for sealing.

tks dan

11 answers to this question

I’m not sure I entirely understand the question being asked, but I’ll give it a go. 

Your last step product on a car that doesn’t see weather or isn’t driven often is entirely a stylistic choice. You can achieve a fantastic, protected finish with traditional products. Maintenance is minimal if it’s not used often. Ceramics are less maintenance if you want to go that route. It’s preference. Some people like to wax their cars. 

If you’re happy with what you’ve been using, what’s your reason for change?  The best gloss comes from great prep as opposed to products used in last steps. 

9 hours ago, bosco1 said:

What's your guys thoughts on Ceramic Spray Coating on cars that just go to car shows and back or Maybe a weekend cruise? Cars that don't see the rain unless you get caught in it. I'm thinking maybe just the wheels since none of the conventional Adams products play well with ceramic. What do you guys think? I've not purchased any ceramic coating/spray yet just used Adams paint sealant and H2O GG for sealing.

tks dan

What kind of car do you have?

10 hours ago, Thorsager said:

What kind of car do you have?

They are listed in my sig.

14 Z51 Corvette Stingray convertible

13 60th Anniversary Grand Sport Corvette convertible

69 Corvette 350/350 sidepipe 4speed convertible 

64 Biscayne 350/400 Air-Ride 18/20" Coys Vintage Heat/Air BeCool Raditor Ididit tilt column Sanderson Headers. (Long trip car show will see elements)

34 Ford Gibbons, ZZ4, Heits, Classic Instruments Gauges, Vintage Heat & Air, Budnik Wheels

09 SS HHR Red/ Red/Black Guts, Auto (This is my Daily Driver that does see the elements...) 

Bow ties.jpg

img_2140_0588ec97e63f6775cb06ee482aa6d1a8b216a039.jpg

img_1461_f2cc9be4d2fb1035158a3b37733347d71696e55b.jpg

34189167_1710572622369596_6277926457880608768_o.jpg

feb_2017_fc_page_1_27c9d6bcd62a585d6d1976284b557c9a1974af13.jpg

34_2_633fda64aae3e99aeae2979ffd5d6982c36c2e6b.jpg

13 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

I’m not sure I entirely understand the question being asked, but I’ll give it a go. 

Your last step product on a car that doesn’t see weather or isn’t driven often is entirely a stylistic choice. You can achieve a fantastic, protected finish with traditional products. Maintenance is minimal if it’s not used often. Ceramics are less maintenance if you want to go that route. It’s preference. Some people like to wax their cars. 

If you’re happy with what you’ve been using, what’s your reason for change?  The best gloss comes from great prep as opposed to products used in last steps. 

I enjoy rubbing on them, it's a little therapeutic for me.. I think my DD SS would benefit from ceramic and maybe the wifes SRX but I have a lot of Adams inventory I think I'll use before. Just curious if the ceramic was worth the switch. Many tks..

My brother by a different mother!  Mine's a 427.    I'm planning on doing the Ceramic Spray come spring. Going to do the daily driver first to practice on before trying to do the Vette.  But I do like to wax and spend my summers just polishing and wiping it down.  Gives me something to do.  

31423653_10213091538542313_9012454793770652200_n.jpg

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

My brother by a different mother!  Mine's a 427.    I'm planning on doing the Ceramic Spray come spring. Going to do the daily driver first to practice on before trying to do the Vette.  But I do like to wax and spend my summers just polishing and wiping it down.  Gives me something to do.  

31423653_10213091538542313_9012454793770652200_n.jpg

Digging those matching painted fuel rail covers....

18 hours ago, bosco1 said:

Digging those matching painted fuel rail covers....

Thanks.  That and the couple pieces of stainless are the only things I added.  My last Vette was totally modded. This one I'm keeping pretty stock.

10 hours ago, Velvethelmet said:

From the never hurts to ask file...Any interest in selling or trading the '69?

Shoot me a PM if you can entertain even the thought lol. 

Beautiful cars btw. I had an '09 HHR SS for a couple of years. Fast little car and handy as all get out. 

Not at this time but thank you for the interest Van. A 4 speed classic muscle car is therapeutic to me as well but as we all know there comes a time when the knees don't think so..

dan  

12 hours ago, Velvethelmet said:

From the never hurts to ask file...Any interest in selling or trading the '69?

Shoot me a PM if you can entertain even the thought lol. 

Beautiful cars btw. I had an '09 HHR SS for a couple of years. Fast little car and handy as all get out. 

51 minutes ago, bosco1 said:

Not at this time but thank you for the interest Van. A 4 speed classic muscle car is therapeutic to me as well but as we all know there comes a time when the knees don't think so..

dan  

@Velvethelmet:

:lolsmack: