Customer Service 866.965.0400

My Spring Prep Plan

vcordaro

Question

I have a 2016 Camaro SS.  I posted pictures a while back when I joined.  Black on Black.  If has been in my garage most of
the winter and I think I have laid out my plan to bring her back for the Spring.  I have had her about four months
and only had 8500 on her when I bought her and it was obvious she was well taken car of .  The paint is in amazing shape.
This process seems pretty straight forward but with spending so much money I would rather not miss a step or find
out there was a better plan/method.  

----PREP---
Wash

Adams Iron Remover

Adams Clay Bar

Adams Correcting Polish applied using Adams Swirl Killer. (I got the red one for Christmas and am stoke to try it out.)
 * I have been told I have hard paint so if needed I am figuring
   I will jump to the Heavy Correcting Compound.
   Use Adams Swirl Finder Flashlight here

—ANY EXTRA STEP HERE BEFORE COATING?

--COATING--

Adams Ceramic Paint Coating Kit

Extra bottle of Adams Ceramic paint coating
    * So I have never applied any kind of coating before.  I have
     watched all the videos and it seems straight forward.  My concern
           Would be applying too much and running out early.  I figure
    it would be nice to have an extra bottle on hand.

Adams Ceramic Wheel Coating Kit
    * I will be removing the tires from the car, but not the tire from the rim.
             Having it off the car will help me get inside the wheel well and all around.

Adams Ceramic Trim Coating Kit
    * My car has limited trim, but I am not going to stop at this point

— ANY EXTRA STEP HERE?  Wipe it down with ceramic boost, or detail spray.  Or just enjoy!

Oh yea and I need to figure something out for my exhaust tips.  They are pretty dirty so I will
need to scrub and polish them.

DONE!

I have everything up to the coatings and am getting ready to make the purchase soon.  Just wondering if I am missing something
or if anyone has any suggestions.  Figure I will pick up a few coating applicator pads also.    I just know my back is going to kill me

after all this, but I did buy the Adams adjustable stool. 

Thanks in advance...

Edited by vcordaro

4 answers to this question

If you buy the paint coating kit it comes with the coat prep product. There can be some residue left after polishing. The coat prep cleans off everything leaving you with a clean surface to apply. Adam's has some great vids on the process. Watch those before you coat and all should go fine.

Just now, DaleH said:

Don't forget the coat prep after the polish... :)

Can you elaborate on that a little please?  Is this just wiping down the car with one of the Adams products to remove the left over polish?  Or is this an entire process in there? 

On 2/13/2019 at 1:15 PM, vcordaro said:

Can you elaborate on that a little please?  Is this just wiping down the car with one of the Adams products to remove the left over polish?  Or is this an entire process in there? 

The Adam's Coating Prep is an isopropyl alcohol based product that will remove any residue from the surface and allow the coating to bond properly to the surface.  All coating manufacturers recommend this step.   It is a quick process.