Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spray Ceramic microfiber towels

rrmccabe

Question

Want to try some spray ceramic on a vehicle.   The FAQ is kinda sketchy and contradicts itself in my opinion.

" Can I reuse my Microfiber towels after being used with Ceramic Spray Coating?” Treat your towels as you would with any other coating. With Ceramic Spray Coating, you have bought yourself some extra time since it's so thin, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t crystalize and harden over time. If you apply the coating and then toss the towels in the washing machine, you’ll remove most of the residual coating in the towel. The longer you expose your towels to oxygen, the more susceptible it is for crystallization. If you coat your car, then leave the towel overnight perhaps, then you might have a tougher time removing the coating from the microfibers. "

First sentence says to treat the towels as with any other coating. Which to me means throw away before it gets mixed in with anything else. But it goes on to talk about machine washing it right away.  I hate throwing away microfibers but I really don't want to keep them if they have crystallized product in it?

I would like to be able to ceramic coat more often but if it comes at the expense of throwing away towels it seems I would be better to stick with regular ceramic coat. The only problem with regular ceramic coat is that it means I have have the vehicle parked overnight so I can get cure time and then boost.

Opinions? 

9 answers to this question

Since you asked for opinions instead of answers.... There are two things that cause curing. air and light. I haven't tried this yet but plan to. I'm going to have a bucket of water with some apc in it. As I use the MF it's going straight into the water. I'll let you know how it goes Saturday...

1 minute ago, DaleH said:

Since you asked for opinions instead of answers.... There are two things that cause curing. air and light. I haven't tried this yet but plan to. I'm going to have a bucket of water with some apc in it. As I use the MF it's going straight into the water. I'll let you know how it goes Saturday...

That is an interesting idea.  I also have microfiber revitalizer I could have ready in a bucket and then just use it for my normal machine wash.

4 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

Well that would bring up another question. How does one "mark" a towel so its no used as a single/double soft again?  My towels are all good and I would not want to mix them back in.

This is one way to do it! Just wash towels by "task" and put them is the correct bin. 

12 hours ago, Bscott94 said:

This is one way to do it! Just wash towels by "task" and put them is the correct bin. 

Well I would love to wash towels by task but honestly don't have enough towels. I would end up doing a bunch of small loads.  I mix towels more than I should anyway because of this.

1 minute ago, rrmccabe said:

Well I would love to wash towels by task but honestly don't have enough towels. I would end up doing a bunch of small loads.  I mix towels more than I should anyway because of this.

I understand. I'm the same way. I wash my HGG towels as soon as possible regardless of how many I have. I keep those in a box away from everything else. Other towels just get tossed in a pile. I don't have a ton so it's not hard for me to separate but maybe over time you could color code towels for different tasks. I have some single and double softs for polishing and buffing. I use utility towels for interior and dirty jobs (jambs, wheels, etc.) My drying towels stick out like a sore thumb but I typically use HGG when drying so they don't get used a ton.