Customer Service 866.965.0400

APC in normal wash

rrmccabe

Question

I know APC strips but this winter I have been trying to keep my truck semi clean with a hot water rinse.  The truck is ceramic coated and spritzing the truck with a light spray of APC and spraying it with hot water from garden hose does a pretty nice job.  Just don't want it to take a toll on anything else. Truck is white and without the APC it is not coming clean.

Just wondering if I should get out of this routine.

5 answers to this question

19 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

I know APC strips but this winter I have been trying to keep my truck semi clean with a hot water rinse.  The truck is ceramic coated and spritzing the truck with a light spray of APC and spraying it with hot water from garden hose does a pretty nice job.  Just don't want it to take a toll on anything else. Truck is white and without the APC it is not coming clean.

Just wondering if I should get out of this routine.

I have all but given up this winter Rich. I have no answer on APC, but have you tried Rinseless Wash? Or are you trying to get by with a spray and rinse without touching the truck? 

1 hour ago, Black Bowtie said:

I have all but given up this winter Rich. I have no answer on APC, but have you tried Rinseless Wash? Or are you trying to get by with a spray and rinse without touching the truck? 

Hey Rich,   As you know it has sucked around our parts for the last few weeks.  I really don't want to do a real wash as I know its going to be dirty again the next day. But since I can wash in my garage its nice to get the chemical and salt off using a hot water hose or the bulk of it anyway.  Takes about 5 minutes at most.

Maybe I should try shampoo with foam gun. 

And yes, don't want to touch it.

Below is the before/after. Not really 100% clean but pretty nice for Iowa winter.

20190213_083431.jpg

20190213_131627.jpg

I did try shampoo in a foam gun and really does not touch it.  I should bring the pressure washer from the shed to the garage. That would probably go a long way in getting the film off.

Dirty vehicles is one of my least favorite parts of winter.