Customer Service 866.965.0400

2 step?

Darryl.507

Question

Question when polishing... I only bought a 2 step 15mm polishing kit. (It was on an amazing sale and from what I hear the 15mm polisher is more then enough for what I'm looking for)

This kit only came with the Heavy Correcting Compound and the Correcting Polish with the micro fiber, blue and orange foam pads. I also picked up 2 extra pads of each blue and orange pads.

Do I need to get the Finishing Polish with the white foam pad? or is it just recommended? 

Ultimately I plan on using Adams new Ceramic Spray.

8 answers to this question

17 hours ago, falcaineer said:

No, you don't need the FP. What you have should be just fine and produce great results!

Agreed, but that FP really livened up my tuxedo black paint... :) 

2 minutes ago, DaleH said:

Agreed, but that FP really livened up my tuxedo black paint... :) 

Yeah I mean I've seen what it does for black paint on multiple reviews and don't get me wrong it looks amazing. I just have white paint and my car only has 30 thousand kms on it so it's its not that bad. I mean it definitely needs to be corrected and polished as it never has been..  I just don't want to have to buy the FP and the white pad to go with it if I don't need too. I've spent a rap load of money already. 

4 minutes ago, Darryl.507 said:

Yeah I mean I've seen what it does for black paint on multiple reviews and don't get me wrong it looks amazing. I just have white paint and my car only has 30 thousand kms on it so it's its not that bad. I mean it definitely needs to be corrected and polished as it never has been..  I just don't want to have to buy the FP and the white pad to go with it if I don't need too. I've spent a rap load of money already. 

I have a white car, too, and get great results with just the CP. But Mercedes paint is hard, so HCC might be needed. IMO, FP isn't a required step.

1 minute ago, falcaineer said:

I have a white car, too, and get great results with just the CP. But Mercedes paint is hard, so HCC might be needed. IMO, FP isn't a required step.

Yeah I'm going to try the CP first with the orange pad and see where that gets me.. I might be able to use that for majority of the car. maybe. If not I'll just hit it with the HCC with the blue pad and if still nothing then microfiber pad. As everyone says to try least aggressive first so thats what ill do. Thanks for the help.

21 minutes ago, Darryl.507 said:

I hear ya.

X2 on @Chris@Adams post. Always do a test spot.

1 hour ago, Chris@Adams said:

It all depends on color and your clear coat, some clears will finish down just fine with Orange & Orange and others you will have to go with FP & White pad.

This is why you want to do a 2x2 test spot.

1 hour ago, DaleH said:

I hear ya.

X2 on @Chris@Adams post. Always do a test spot.

Agreed. I was only saying for white, I haven't found FP to be necessary. And he mentioned he was going to try the CP first, implying to me it was a small area. I'm with you both on that.