Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirl Killer 15 MM maintenance

dpa34

Question

I just purchased this machine, and I have seen some videos on other long throw da's  that they replace the factory grease,  I was wondering if this was needed on the SK ?  I also read the instructions that came with it and it mentions after a year to take it in and have it inspected and lubricated ?  can someone that has had the machine for a while  explain what they do or whats needed in further detail please.

Thanks 

3 answers to this question

10 hours ago, dpa34 said:

I just purchased this machine, and I have seen some videos on other long throw da's  that they replace the factory grease,  I was wondering if this was needed on the SK ?  I also read the instructions that came with it and it mentions after a year to take it in and have it inspected and lubricated ?  can someone that has had the machine for a while  explain what they do or whats needed in further detail please.

Thanks 

The only one that I've seen that done on is the Chicago Electric. The main reason is for sound and smoothness of operation. The Swirl Killer has neither problem. I would guess the process would be similar but not required.

I thought I'd seen all of Apex's vids... In the vid about the flex he says that the grease is good and doesn't need replacing but he likes to do it.

Consider how you are using the machine as well. If you are a professional detail shop and plan on using the SK all day all week then a better lubricant can give you longer life.