Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic trim coating maintenance

dirtymarcus

Question

So I finally got around to ceramic coating my bed cover and all the trim on my truck.  The trim restore worked but after rain, my white truck would have black drip spots from it slowly washing away.  Anyways, is there anything I need to help the coating last or stay effective longer?  My main concern is the bed cover.  It was a lot of work to scrub that thing down 6 times with rubber and trim cleaner.  I'd prefer to not ever have to do that again lol.

4 answers to this question

Sorry, just realized how confusing I made that post.  I had trim restorer on and cleaned it off.  Now I have on the ceramic trim coating only.

Wasnt overly impressed with the restorer leaving black spots all over my truck any time it got wet.

Edited by dirtymarcus

Surprised to hear about the Trim Restorer. Did you contact Adam's to let them know?

As for prolonging the ceramic coating, use Ceramic Boost and you're all set.

Another thought is if you do choose to try the Restorer again, you can lock it in with Trim (or Paint or even Wheel) Coating and then maintain with Boost.

Thanks, and no I never contacted Adams.  I had read somewhere others were having the same issue.  I figured its normal since the restorer is black and will slowly wash away like any other water/oil based protectant.  Ive used most of the bottle already too, thanks to the bed cover lol.  I think the ceramic trim coating is my new go to, ill see how well it holds up against the rain today.