Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need exterior cleaning advice for new black vehicle.

Furyan

Question

Hello all Im pretty new to the forum and detailing in general. I got a new vehicle not to long ago and figured Id journey into the world of detailing it fully on my own. I have a few questions about detailing the exterior of my vehicle. SO a few things about my vehicle that will help you guys and gals direct me in the right direction on how to care for my SUV (Dodge Durango GT). First off when I purchased it I had them install/add their Mopar Mastershield Treatments which included a "clear bra" on the hood and door jams(to help prevent door dings), Mopar Mastershield Paint Sealant, and their Undercoat which covers inside the wheel wells,looks like gray "blanket"type material. I was told by the dealership not to use wax on the sealant and in 3 years I can get another recoat of the sealant free of charge. Im not sure why wax wouldnt be okay with this sealant. Anyways the few questions I have are

1.Do you guys think I could add any of the Adams exterior products in conjunction with this sealant of theirs and it be okay? Like the waxes,glazes,G&G ect...

Link for sealant I believe ->https://www.amazon.com/Chrysler-Genuine-82212075-Paint-Sealant/dp/B00G6F6U84

2. How do I go about cleaning the clear bra parts. Wash and dry as normal,but can other products be used on them safely?

3. Being a new car I have read there is no reason to clay the vehicle yet. This true? And would it damage the sealant in question if I did?

4. Any tips for maintaining a black vehicle? And maintaining my sealant coating?

Pics of my ride. Nothing applied besides the factory sealant. Shine and beading seems okay for stock. Do i need to apply anything more?

vBWMjAgh.jpg

CXmNtfih.jpg

mlFZo8Eh.jpg

Edited by Furyan

3 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum.  I personally always clay any new vehicle. There are always contaminants from storage, shipping, etc.  The dealerships wash and prep them, but they don't clay them and do a proper detail. BUT with what you have on your ride, I wouldn't take the chance of voiding that warranty.  Nothing is going to hurt the clear bra. I treat mine just like I do the rest of my vehicle. Just be careful of the edges. Best advice is to follow your manufacturer instructions. Very nice looking ride. 

From what I can find out about that product, you are best off just cleaning it.  On another forum folks have reported that they do not like the look of it, and have issues adding other waxes over the top of it.

On 2/19/2019 at 11:22 PM, Rich said:

Welcome to the forum.  I personally always clay any new vehicle. There are always contaminants from storage, shipping, etc.  The dealerships wash and prep them, but they don't clay them and do a proper detail. BUT with what you have on your ride, I wouldn't take the chance of voiding that warranty.  Nothing is going to hurt the clear bra. I treat mine just like I do the rest of my vehicle. Just be careful of the edges. Best advice is to follow your manufacturer instructions. Very nice looking ride. 

Thanks for the compliment and input!

On 2/20/2019 at 9:16 AM, mc2hill said:

From what I can find out about that product, you are best off just cleaning it.  On another forum folks have reported that they do not like the look of it, and have issues adding other waxes over the top of it.

Since I paid for it Ima let it ride for now,and I think it looks good personally. Looking forwards to it wearing off eventually so I can try Adams exterior products.