Customer Service 866.965.0400
Sign in to follow this  
colorado.e9x

Dash reflection on windshield

Question

12 answers to this question

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

I assume you mean the haze? If so...Brilliant Glaze! Check out this video...

It could be, I'll try it. The dash is reflected on the windshield like a mirror though, think this would help with that?

No I don't think it will help with the reflection. If anything, it may enchance it because the glass will be super clear. It may be what you have on the dash now that super shiny? Anything on there?

47 minutes ago, colorado.e9x said:

There might be some armor-all from many months ago, otherwise I've just been wiping it with a towel. Maybe wiping it down with isopropyl alcohol would help?

I would suggest a cleaner - Leather & Interior Cleaner, followed Leather Conditioner, or Interior Detailer.  Both would provide more of a matte finished result than the Armor-All. 

Posted (edited)

I’m adding pics to illustrate my point. First pic is one of my dash taken with my iPhone 6S.

The second pic is of the same view, same iPhone, but taken through my Maui Jim glass polarized lens.

1FDE88D3-7EF5-446B-8FE1-7212AFC8F9EC.jpeg

BB793BA9-B0A6-45FA-94CB-C35C11320E99.jpeg

Edited by Captain Slow

You're going to get that no matter what you use.  Two options.  A dash blanket (which I wouldn't put in ANY car), or polarized lens sunglasses.  This I know from experience.  A lot of it depends on time of day too.  For me, early  morning driving east is always bad, same as driving west in the late day.  So go to Rite Aid or Wal Mart and get some good sunglasses and make sure they say POLARIZED on them, not SPF or sun blocking. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rich said:

You're going to get that no matter what you use.  Two options.  A dash blanket (which I wouldn't put in ANY car), or polarized lens sunglasses.  This I know from experience.  A lot of it depends on time of day too.  For me, early  morning driving east is always bad, same as driving west in the late day.  So go to Rite Aid or Wal Mart and get some good sunglasses and make sure they say POLARIZED on them, not SPF or sun blocking. 

I found a really nice pair of polarized sunglasses at Walmart in the fishing section. They were pretty cheap, don't look bad, and work great. 

Edited by Bscott94

You could ask your local window tint guy for a clear UV film to be applied to the inside of the windshield. I’ve done that on previous cars to cut down on the heat. Might help with the reflection.