Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tried some new Adam’s stuff today

LuckyKorean

Before Wash Pictures #1-2 

Had to take a 2 hour round trip in the rain couple days ago and car got filthy. 

Fortunately the weather cleared up today I could do a proper wash. Previously the only wash I did was RW. But the weather was sunny 70°F today so I decided to try the Two bucket wash with Ultra foam shampoo

Picture #3 shows me messing up with the UFS I think. I put Grit guard in empty bucket, tossed the Microfiber mitt then squeezed quite a bit of UFS then I used the hose to spray water in. It foamed a lot as you can see it overflowed and the water didn’t turn purple so I squeezed some more in then sprayed more, resulting in just MORE FOAM. Decided to just start washing instead, the process wasn’t hard but I for some reason prefer RW I feel it is less messy than foamy buckets. 

After wash, I dried using Microfiber towels then parked car inside garage so I could try the new Spray Wax that I got in the Clear MB. I gotta say I love the SW I like it more than HGG since I can apply dry with dry towel. Plus after applying it I got the slick feeling I had when I first clayed the car before. It is definitely thicker than Detail spray, smells as good but it does dye whatever it touches. My hands and Double soft towel ended up very pink. I liked it so much I think I’ll replace HGG with it. The wet towel + dry towel wasn’t my thing. 

First time using a Detailing stool today as well. It really saved me from the pain on the knees. Unfortunately I have a sloped driveway but using it inside the garage was still great. 

Pictures #4-5 show the stool, it is bigger than I expected. I didn’t install the cup holders as it doesn’t hold Adam’s bottles very well. I just toss the stuff on the tray. Sun was setting so I couldn’t get really shiny pictures but it looked great when I finished up. 

02E169DC-F7DE-49E5-817D-2E43EF1B2EC2.jpeg

4446AC42-E0CC-475D-8FA9-C4E517E113B9.jpeg

7C254A51-52D9-4E7B-81B6-5BE3DF4BA483.jpeg

DF8E3DEA-EF99-4B02-8BE2-4CEDC5074E8D.jpeg

9C48CEDA-53D2-422C-A860-D9CAB2479990.jpeg

Looks great! Love that color.

Couple things...

To use the UFS and keep suds down a bit, keep the hose nozzle under water, adding a couple ounces after you get some water in the bucket (above the guard level, maybe), and add a bit to the pad only towards the end. Maybe that will help.

The new HGG can be applied the traditional way (wet method: wet car, wet and dry towel; dry method: dry car, wet and dry towel) or it can also be done as a completely dry method with dry car and dry towel, i.e., no water. It's a completely new formula, so you don't need to get rid of it for the reason you gave of not liking a wet towel, unless you really do just prefer the Spray Wax. The HGG will last a lot longer, too. But it's your call.

12 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Looks great! Love that color.

Couple things...

To use the UFS and keep suds down a bit, keep the hose nozzle under water, adding a couple ounces after you get some water in the bucket (above the guard level, maybe), and add a bit to the pad only towards the end. Maybe that will help.

The new HGG can be applied the traditional way (wet method: wet car, wet and dry towel; dry method: dry car, wet and dry towel) or it can also be done as a completely dry method with dry car and dry towel, i.e., no water. It's a completely new formula, so you don't need to get rid of it for the reason you gave of not liking a wet towel, unless you really do just prefer the Spray Wax. The HGG will last a lot longer, too. But it's your call.

I realized that too late about the hose under water. By the time I realized, I barely had any water, just foam 😂 

I didn’t know the new HGG could be applied dry with dry towel. I’ll give that a go next time. Thanks for the tip 👍

😂 I can relate to lots of foam by accident...

I haven't tried the new HGG yet, but Adam talks about using it as a "spray and wipe" in the video, and I also asked about it at the HQ to confirm. Good luck, and when you do, I recommend it still be done panel by panel to reduce possible streaks. 

50 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

😂 I can relate to lots of foam by accident...

I haven't tried the new HGG yet, but Adam talks about using it as a "spray and wipe" in the video, and I also asked about it at the HQ to confirm. Good luck, and when you do, I recommend it still be done panel by panel to reduce possible streaks. 

Never tried the old one. My first bottle was from the Drip MB so it was new one I think. 

21 minutes ago, LuckyKorean said:

Never tried the old one. My first bottle was from the Drip MB so it was new one I think. 

Yeah, it came out around then. If the bottle says "with hybrid technology" in red/white on the front, it's the new formula. The old was my favorite product from Adam's, and the smell (grape jelly) was top 3. I don't particularly care for the new smell, but the performance is still TBD for me. If you prefer the Spray Wax, it's all good...just didn't want you to base the decision on partial info.