Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic spray or H20 G&G

andy9236

Question

I am wanting to put some protection on my vehicle, and have been wanting to try H20 G&G, but now they have the spray ceramic coating. I had my paint corrected a few months ago, and for this application i plan on claying the whole vehicle and going over it with revive hand polish just to fill in a few minor areas. obviously ceramic has a huge reputation behind it and seems to be the best option, but i still cannot decide which to use. the vehicle is a black F-150 and it does rain quite a lot down here in Louisiana, which also causes a lot of dirt to get splashed up on the side of the vehicle from the road puddles. Spring is also coming up and i was wondering which option would have the best chance to keep all of the pollen dirt and dust from sticking so much to the paint. so which option would be the best option to protect the paint? the ceramic spray coating or H20 G&G? and if i put the ceramic on, could i use the G&G as a top layer above that to add even more protection? I am leaning more towards the ceramic, but just cannot make up my mind. 

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, andy9236 said:

I am wanting to put some protection on my vehicle, and have been wanting to try H20 G&G, but now they have the spray ceramic coating. I had my paint corrected a few months ago, and for this application i plan on claying the whole vehicle and going over it with revive hand polish just to fill in a few minor areas. obviously ceramic has a huge reputation behind it and seems to be the best option, but i still cannot decide which to use. the vehicle is a black F-150 and it does rain quite a lot down here in Louisiana, which also causes a lot of dirt to get splashed up on the side of the vehicle from the road puddles. Spring is also coming up and i was wondering which option would have the best chance to keep all of the pollen dirt and dust from sticking so much to the paint. so which option would be the best option to protect the paint? the ceramic spray coating or H20 G&G? and if i put the ceramic on, could i use the G&G as a top layer above that to add even more protection? I am leaning more towards the ceramic, but just cannot make up my mind. 

I would definitely recommend ceramic.  As I have it on my tahoe, i did it back in October. and will never have a a vehicle in the future without it.  And yes you can use GnG over top of it.

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum! I would absolutely recommend the Ceramic Spray Coating as well - it's an incredible product that is super easy to use. I just clayed and polished out the driver-side of my SS last week and applied the Ceramic Spray Coating to the bare surface, and after letting it cure overnight, I've been letting it sit outside most days since getting covered in snow. It's funny how the driver-side the snow doesn't stick as well ;)

I've also had it applied to my truck for a little over 3 months now, still going strong! H2O Guard would certainly make for a nice maintenance product for it about once every 2 months or 4 washes or so, whichever comes first!

On 3/5/2019 at 2:26 PM, Dan@Adams said:

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum! I would absolutely recommend the Ceramic Spray Coating as well - it's an incredible product that is super easy to use. I just clayed and polished out the driver-side of my SS last week and applied the Ceramic Spray Coating to the bare surface, and after letting it cure overnight, I've been letting it sit outside most days since getting covered in snow. It's funny how the driver-side the snow doesn't stick as well ;)

I've also had it applied to my truck for a little over 3 months now, still going strong! H2O Guard would certainly make for a nice maintenance product for it about once every 2 months or 4 washes or so, whichever comes first!

right now i try to wash mine once or twice a week....but that is mainly because it is not coated or protected at all and it rains multiple times a week. hopefully with the ceramic i can go once every two weeks with a good thorough wash

thanks for the tips guys, i plan on claying then revive and then ceramic spray. after that i will get both HGG and CB and try them out and see which one works the best for me, thanks!