Customer Service 866.965.0400

Slipped, Damaged Paint...

Dispatch

Question

Yeup, the title is correct, while washing a set of saddlebags from a new 2019 HD Road Glide Special in a bathtub, resting it on a soft towel, unfortunately, the soap suds with the Wookie's Fist, and overall slipperiness caused me to lose my grip and WHAMO! the saddlebag tapped the tile wall causing slight... damage to the lids paint.ff296e70-d9c2-4f90-ab56-d9c9e8a52a7f-ori

They don't look too deep but I'm wondering about what some here might think (from actual experience), would be the best way to fix this (sorry the photos aren't crisper)... Confused._zpsd5nzecqq.gif

b65283c9-c310-45dd-abf7-44a6548c43b4-ori

0f7cd278-2924-4689-a611-869b1b69e05d-ori

756dc22f-2790-4d4b-bd66-2071acd5e184-ori

Edited by Dispatch

5 answers to this question

If the pads are Adam's, the red and grey (black) have no cut, so you'll need at least a white pad, maybe orange, and the polish to match. If by hand, you can try the hex grip that matches the color polish. You might also be able to get by with Revive if you take your time and are patient.

4 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Yikes! If you catch a fingernail on any, they're too deep to polish. General rule is to start least aggressive, so what polish/pads do you have?

No, they aren't that deep, they are ever so slightly surface feelable so I think I'm fortunate in that way. 

1 hour ago, Dispatch said:

No, they aren't that deep, they are ever so slightly surface feelable so I think I'm fortunate in that way. 

Well that's good. In that case, what do you have available for polish/pads?

If needed, a new Flex 3401 still new in the box and plenty of red and black foam polishing pads.

For wax, I have CG 50/50 paste wax and jetseal 109 although due to the minor state of the marks, I'd much rather do it by hand 'if possible'.

I have some light CG scratch remover too.

Edited by Dispatch