Customer Service 866.965.0400

An Adam's Quick-Detailer For Salty Air Exposure?

How about Adam's coming up with a quick-detailer for vehicles and motorcycles like mine where people like myself are constantly exposed to salty air? 5b09ee41-ef81-43a9-9886-19ace0b7b458-ori

If you did I'd buy it by the case...

Edited by Dispatch

Have you tried the waterless wash?  We get a lot of seasonal pollens in central Texas and it does a great job.  I remember the salt spray from when we lived in Hawaii.  Different stuff but I think the WW would work just as well.  I wasn’t an Adam’s customer then so I can’t say from experience.  

Detail Spray, Waterless Wash, Rinseless Wash diluted 16:1 (Waterless Wash-like solution), and Ceramic Waterless Wash are all good options...and sold in large bottles! Plus, adding a solid base coat first like Paint Sealant or Ceramic (Spray) Coating would make it easier to keep clean and add a ton more protection.

The only thing that's available which works well is 'salt-off' I get from West Marine but it's a pain because you have to drag out the hose and everything else, also the bike gets all soaked, it would be soooo... nice if I could find a quick detailer that did exactly as this stuff does, just not with so much back-breaking effort all the time and so often...

BullFrog makes a rust blocker but I've never tried it on a motorcycle.

The thing is (as you all may know), you can't let salty air spray sit, it's really damaging to a cars/bikes beautiful finish especially the chrome. 

I had a brand new enclosed motorcycle trailer I bought, even with constant washing(once every week or so),  in less than a year of living in a condo on A1A, all the metal hardware corroded and rusted so badly I sold it not too long after that. Dont%20Know._zpspaniwiwo.gif

52 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

@Dispatch....all I said above are super easy products to use, and none require a hose or water. What am I missing?

No no, I was just saying what I been doing/using so far, I'll give those a shot. :2thumbs:

Living at or near the beach isn't what most think, its a lot of work especially if you like to keep what's yours in good shape...

Edited by Dispatch

That's an interesting idea.  I've spent vacations at the beach for years, and my one main complaint, even when the weather is great, is the film that gets all over the glass and paint.  It's different from pollen, or other stuff we all get living inland. It's almost a greasy feel.  I just give the car a good bath when I get home to get it off, but then again, I don't live there or have to deal with it year round.  I can definitely see where a product or several devoted just to this kind of issue would be helpful to a lot of people.  Thanks for bringing that up Dispatch. 

Absolutely.  Nine years in Hawaii and they were dog years.  Waikiki isn’t real life. We had friends with beachfront, and nothing ferrous lasted more than a few years.  It wasn’t as bad at altitude or inland, but you can’t completely avoid the spray.  The waterless products should hold you over between full washes.  Plenty of room in Texas for you — no state income tax here either! 

On 3/23/2019 at 6:47 PM, Dkhazlett said:

Absolutely.  Nine years in Hawaii and they were dog years.  Waikiki isn’t real life. We had friends with beachfront, and nothing ferrous lasted more than a few years.  It wasn’t as bad at altitude or inland, but you can’t completely avoid the spray.  The waterless products should hold you over between full washes.  Plenty of room in Texas for you — no state income tax here either! 

I'm a coming! I had a job interview with the US Border Patrol a couple of years ago in El  Paso, the weather and heat and the low humidity was so different from Florida, I didn't want to go back.

It's going to be somewhere out that way, I understand Arizona is nice too,  I'm envious of your dry heat, after a lifetime of living here, I've had my fill of the east coast(and all that comes with it), of the US.

Edited by Dispatch

57 minutes ago, Dispatch said:

I'm a coming! I had a job interview with the US Border Patrol a couple of years ago in El  Paso, the weather and heat and the low humidity was so different from Florida, I didn't want to go back.

It's going to be somewhere out that way, I understand Arizona is nice too,  I'm envious of your dry heat, after a lifetime of living here, I've had my fill of the east coast(and all that comes with it), of the US.

CO has dry heat. And dry cold. And Adam's HQ!!!

I've lived in Florida all my life. Since 1970, on Merritt Island, Less than 4 miles from the beach. I see you said you live on A1A you need to have a garage or car and motorcycle covers, there is no way around it. The salt and sand blowing directly off the beach can and will destroy stuff in a short time. There is no product that I have found that will keep anything clean living on the beach!

The only solution is to keep it covered or in the garage.

-Jason

Edited by astro-jason