Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Paint Coating Lifespan

TheSlabaugh

Question

I'm looking to do a ceramic coating for the first time. I'm thinking of doing a layer of the Ceramic Paint Coating, followed by 2-3 layers of Ceramic Spray Coating.

Here's my question that I haven't been able to find an answer on in the product descriptions: assuming I maintain it with regular applications of Boost, and now the new Wash & Coat, what kind of lifespan/durability should I expect from the Adam's coating?

End of the day, I'm looking to keep the car for 3-4 more years and would prefer to not have to coat it again or apply other protection before selling it. Based on that, would I be better off spending more money for something like Kamikaze Myabi or ISM Coating?

1 answer to this question

You ask good questions. Durability is difficult to say because there are so many factors. I think your plan of maintaining with ceramic spray coating is a good one.

Adam’s claims roughly two years I believe. Some people get more, some less. It is a consumer grade product. You’re trading ease of installation and it being forgiving for less durability. 

If you’re looking long term, and don’t want to reapply it might be worth having a warrantied coating installed. I’m not familiar with the ones you mentioned so I can’t attest to their durability. Working with pro grade coatings though I can say there is a definite difference between pro and consumer. 

Most people who think they have a failed coating simply have a dirty coating. They need maintenance. They need to be decontaminated and cleaned. And some need top agents reapplied occasionally. The coating tends to be fine. Just dirty.