Customer Service 866.965.0400

ADAM'S IRON REMOVER GALLON or NEW WHEEL CLEANER?

bakchoi

Question

I'm looking to buy a gallon of either Iron Remover or New Wheel Cleaner to use it on both paint and wheels. I saw a youtube video that says the wheel cleaner clings better is that true? Which one smells better and do both have similar performance in iron decontamination? 

What is the shelf life of these since I will be using on 2 cars and maybe use the remainder next year. I've bought CarPro IronX before and when I came to use it a year later I think it expired cus it did nothing no purple reaction. If shelf life is not that great then I will buy 2 smaller bottles instead.

Thanks for any info.

3 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, bakchoi said:

I'm looking to buy a gallon of either Iron Remover or New Wheel Cleaner to use it on both paint and wheels. I saw a youtube video that says the wheel cleaner clings better is that true? Which one smells better and do both have similar performance in iron decontamination? 

What is the shelf life of these since I will be using on 2 cars and maybe use the remainder next year. I've bought CarPro IronX before and when I came to use it a year later I think it expired cus it did nothing no purple reaction. If shelf life is not that great then I will buy 2 smaller bottles instead.

Thanks for any info.

Yes, the WC clings better, it's way thicker. Especially the new low odor one. Of the two, the IR smells better, but the gap closed with the release of the new low odor WC yesterday. The new WC smells way better now, but there are still some remnants of the iron reactive agent. Both are similar overall in end result.

Both the IR and new WC are too new to know shelf life, but a year or more is almost certainly a given. Just be sure to store in climate controlled area, or at least between 40' and 85'-90'. Read this for more of shelf life. 

It's possible you got little to no reaction because you didn't have much brake dust. Do you have "normal," every day brakes or high performance? How much dust do you get? Some brakes create way more dust than others. I drive a Kia Optima, and the WC gives me some small purple specks but nothing major. Others with Brembos have significant dust.

In the end, if you do get significant dust, I'd recommend you get the (new low odor) WC. It can be used on both wheels and paint, and clings better to both, too. Eco WC is another option to consider for light cleaning, and it smells decent.