Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Premium Hose Struggles

icantdrive55

Question

March 30

Good Morning,

I finally had the opportunity to unpack and use the Adam's Premium Hose I purchased during the winter.  First, I have to say, it is absolutely made of premium material.  It is extremely difficult to unroll and roll up again.  After getting it unrolled, flat, and straight I went about washing the cars.  It continued to try to resume it's rolled up position which is probably inherent to the rubber and having been rolled up in its packaging for awhile.  When trying to roll it up and put away, it has a mind of its own.  I'm hoping as the weather warms up it will be easier to manage but, right now, I'm somewhat regretting that I bought it.

I am open to any and all comments and suggestions.  I know it's a high quality product but I don't want to 'fight with it' every time I want to wash the cars.

Thanks much in advance,

Mike

9 answers to this question

I don’t have that exact hose but, my somewhat educated guess would be that once it warms up, gets used a few times, it will relax and be easier and more manageable. 

If it’s sunny out, lay it out in your driveway for a few hours and let the warmth of the sun and warmth of the blacktop warm up the hose. 

11 hours ago, icantdrive55 said:

March 30

Good Morning,

I finally had the opportunity to unpack and use the Adam's Premium Hose I purchased during the winter.  First, I have to say, it is absolutely made of premium material.  It is extremely difficult to unroll and roll up again.  After getting it unrolled, flat, and straight I went about washing the cars.  It continued to try to resume it's rolled up position which is probably inherent to the rubber and having been rolled up in its packaging for awhile.  When trying to roll it up and put away, it has a mind of its own.  I'm hoping as the weather warms up it will be easier to manage but, right now, I'm somewhat regretting that I bought it.

I am open to any and all comments and suggestions.  I know it's a high quality product but I don't want to 'fight with it' every time I want to wash the cars.

Thanks much in advance,

Mike

Besides what @Firebuff17 said about warming it up, having a higher end hose reel also helps when you have a higher end hose like the Adam's one to go on it.  I have the Eley portable reel and in the back of the house the wall mounted one.  They are expensive, but after replacing the $50/$75 ones every couple of years, I decided to go and at least get one with a long warranty and absolutely love it.  I use quick connects on all my attachments and the 100' foot hose fits with not problem.  I especially like that is has a built in adjustable brake so you can lock it or set the tension. 

Yes, it's heavy and hard rubber,  but I don't have a roller for the hose. I keep mine in the basement on a hangar and it works for me.  You can buy those at Lowes or HD. 

On 3/30/2019 at 12:15 PM, Firebuff17 said:

I don’t have that exact hose but, my somewhat educated guess would be that once it warms up, gets used a few times, it will relax and be easier and more manageable. 

If it’s sunny out, lay it out in your driveway for a few hours and let the warmth of the sun and warmth of the blacktop warm up the hose. 

Thanks Josh.  Fingers crossed for warmer weather soon.

On 3/30/2019 at 8:45 PM, RayS said:

Besides what @Firebuff17 said about warming it up, having a higher end hose reel also helps when you have a higher end hose like the Adam's one to go on it.  I have the Eley portable reel and in the back of the house the wall mounted one.  They are expensive, but after replacing the $50/$75 ones every couple of years, I decided to go and at least get one with a long warranty and absolutely love it.  I use quick connects on all my attachments and the 100' foot hose fits with not problem.  I especially like that is has a built in adjustable brake so you can lock it or set the tension. 

Thanks Ray.  I'll take a look at those hose reels.

20 hours ago, Rich said:

Yes, it's heavy and hard rubber,  but I don't have a roller for the hose. I keep mine in the basement on a hangar and it works for me.  You can buy those at Lowes or HD. 

Thanks Rich.  What type of hangar are you using?  A hose reel type hangar?