Customer Service 866.965.0400

New ride

Rich

Been hunting for a few months, but finally broke down and bought a 2019 Equinox, Premier edition, earlier this week.  Black outside (yeah, I'm nuts) and black and brandy interior. Has everything, but I'm really loving the end to end sunroof. The Cadillac was a fantastic car, and hated to get rid of it, but the sunroof in that car drove me nuts. It only opened an inch and didn't slide open at all.  Would liked to have kept it and get a new car, but that wasn't possible. 

So of course, for two days I've been washing and cleaning it, and after getting my wife to open the doors and stand on the door sills to wash the roof, I had to go to Harbor Freight today to get a little step to stand on to make it easier. Works GREAT!  And since I had to reprogram the garage door opener, I found it's just the right height to reach that too.  It will get a lot of use for sure ($30).  Plans are to head to Grabiaks and get 3M or Expel on the front bumper, possibly the whole hood, or a deflector at least.  Already has mud flaps, and has running boards down the side.   Didn't think I'd like the 2.0 Turbo engine, but it goes like crazy.  Plenty of passing power.  And of course, like most new cars now, it has the stop/start thing going on.  Doesn't bother me and I already figured out how to get around it.  But man, I'm too darn old to learn all this new technology. Everything inside is touch screen to program.  Guess I'll have to learn .  Anyhow, a couple pics.  First one is at the dealership, then the inside , and then the little platform I picked up.  

19146204661x640.jpg

19146204914x640.jpg

66911_W3.jpg

Congrats on the new ride Rich! 

I recommend picking up the larger  Gorilla Ladders work platform from Home Depot.  It is much longer, so less time spent moving it around.  If you can wait, they are usually on sale for Black Friday.

Gorilla Ladders 47.25 in. x 12 in. x 20 in. Aluminum Slim-Fold Work Platform with 300 lbs. Load Capacity 

Congrats as well Rich.  I had a 2016 XC90 First Edition before my Escalade and it had Amber leather/Black leather mixed throughout the cabin similar to your Equinox and I always got compliments on it.  And I hear you about buying black vehicles, both mine now are black and my prior two vehicles were black as well.  If you are a car nut, it’s a job just keeping them looking great but IMO nothing looks better than a properly maintained black vehicle.  Though I’ll admit, there is the occasional day I ask myself why did I not go white on the Escalade ESV! Lol

I’ve got an extremely similar Werner work platform similar to what Michael posted (probably the same thing and multiple companies slap their name on it) purchased from Home Depot years back and it has proven invaluable so I’d also recommend it. 

Edited by Parad0x

3 hours ago, Parad0x said:

I’ve got an extremely similar Werner work platform similar to what Michael posted (probably the same thing and multiple companies slap their name on it) purchased from Home Depot years back and it has proven invaluable so I’d also recommend it. 

The two platforms are similar, but the Gorilla has more weight capacity, and it folds flatter.  I have both, and the Werner now stays in the garage and the Gorilla goes in the truck for mobile details.

When I detail at home I usually have both out for various things - work platform for cleaning floor mats, elevated platform for wash & rinse buckets, etc.

Great to know Michael, thanks for letting me/us all know.  I may actually grab a Gorilla one as I use the Werner so much in the garage for other tasks having a second more heavy duty one just makes sense. 

Looks good Rich.  I do recommend getting something for the front bumper at a minimum.  Between the chips and embedded love bugs on the father-in-laws Equinox on the light plastic below the headlights is crazy.  It may not show as much on yours since it is Black, but the father-in-laws - wait for it - Yes, it is Red and the black primer under it really stands out.

On 4/5/2019 at 10:30 AM, mc2hill said:

Congrats on the new ride Rich! 

I recommend picking up the larger  Gorilla Ladders work platform from Home Depot.  It is much longer, so less time spent moving it around.  If you can wait, they are usually on sale for Black Friday.

Gorilla Ladders 47.25 in. x 12 in. x 20 in. Aluminum Slim-Fold Work Platform with 300 lbs. Load Capacity 

They are currently on sale at Home Depot for $44 instead of $69 and for the Active Military and Veterans, don't forget to ask for your 10% discount which HD gives.

I ended up with three of these today, one for myself and one for each son-in-law and I can confirm they are high enough to reach the center of top of the vehicles.  My truck is almost a foot taller and the cab a little longer than my father-in-laws Equinox and I could reach the entire roof with the platform.

I am pretty sure that it will be going to Florida with me on my next trip and will be used when I do the father-in-laws Equinox and Uncles Suburban.   Since it only weighs 12 pounds, it is really easy to move around and yet it is very sturdy.  

10 minutes ago, RayS said:

They are currently on sale at Home Depot for $44 instead of $69 and for the Active Military and Veterans, don't forget to ask for your 10% discount which HD gives.

I might just head there this weekend! Thanks for the heads up...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all.  I'm really liking it.  Big change from driving the little Caddy.  And of course, black is still a pain in the ***.  Probably should have bought a different color, but we both got tired of shopping and we couldn't pass up the deal we got.