Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic wax Paste vs Liquid

hdrdtd

Question

I bought some of your Ceramic Wax (paste) last year when it came out, and I notice that now you have a liquid ceramic wax?

Can you compare the two for me?

Spring is here and it's time to polish/wax the car, but I'm not sure which product to use.

The car is NOT ceramic coated, just ceramic wax used on a polished surface.

7 answers to this question

The only real difference is the form of the wax itself. Think of the Liquid as a lotion version of the paste wax. It's meant to be easier to be applied by either hand or machine. SiO2 amounts are the same. Oh, the smell is different...the liquid smells like blueberry cheesecake.

I just saw this new 'chart' on Amazon listing SiO2 percentages for some of the new ceramic products and some are a little different, not much, from what we've seen elsewhere.  It shows the Ceramic Paste Wax as 5% more than the liquid ceramic wax and that the paste offers a little but longer protection, but minimal.  It also needs to be updated to show that the Ceramic Waterless is 7% and not 10%.  It is also interesting to see that in this chart, Ceramic Boost now gets a percentage attached to it.

In the end I agree with falcaineer and feel it's more of a personal preference thing, does one prefer applying a lotion/liquid wax or a paste wax.

Here's that chart for the heck of it:

L9ApDwm.png

5 minutes ago, Parad0x said:

I just saw this new 'chart' on Amazon listing SiO2 percentages for some of the new ceramic products and some are a little different, not much, from what we've seen elsewhere.  It shows the Ceramic Paste Wax as 5% more than the liquid ceramic wax and that the paste offers a little but longer protection, but minimal.  It also needs to be updated to show that the Ceramic Waterless is 7% and not 10%.  It is also interesting to see that in this chart, Ceramic Boost now gets a percentage attached to it.

In the end I agree with falcaineer and feel it's more of a personal preference thing, does one prefer applying a lotion/liquid wax or a paste wax.

Here's that chart for the heck of it:

L9ApDwm.png

Good find. Wonder why it's not on the website? Anyway, yes, probably needs some minor edits but glad you found and posted it here.

Thanks guys, especially Parad0x for the chart.

Since I already have the paste wax, I'll just go with that for now.

Perhaps I'll get lucky and find some of the liquid wax in one of the two mystery items I just bought. (grin)

No problem guys, I was glad to see it this morning and like you mentioned falcaineer, it should be something they eventually integrate into the Adam's site as I think people will find it helpful.

One thing I just noticed that could be important to some people is that the ceramic liquid wax is safe on all exterior surfaces whereas the ceramic paste wax is not.  I've always personally preferred paste waxes but it's good to know to be extra careful when using it around windshield cowls etc. as I've got to think I'm not alone in wanting to tape off trim while applying things like ceramic paste wax.

3 hours ago, Parad0x said:

I've got to think I'm not alone in wanting to tape off trim while applying things like ceramic paste wax.

You aren't, but it's faster to just apply VRT since wax, polish, etc will wipe away easily. Plus you're obviously treating the trim at the same time.

4 hours ago, falcaineer said:

You aren't, but it's faster to just apply VRT since wax, polish, etc will wipe away easily. Plus you're obviously treating the trim at the same time.

When is the Ceramic VRT - that won't run - coming out?  For now, I'm planning on using the trim coating so I don't have to worry about it.