Customer Service 866.965.0400

Be Careful/Lesson Learned (Wheel Cleaner)

galaxy

Question

Welp, this sucks.  Lesson learned I guess. Always do a test spot with wheel cleaner.  And these are powder coated too, so shoulda been pretty tough. Wheel cleaner on a washed, cold wheel. No sunlight. Let to dwell less than 5 minutes. Left this blotchy mess across the entire wheel. Have tried all the basics to repair.  Looks like correcting/finishing polish on a machine is the only thing that’ll touch it. And this is on a wheel that has two layers of ceramic wheel coating on it at that!!!  This really sucks, but it is what it is. Like I said...PSA...do a test spot.  

8C89D1A4-5C6D-4FD8-A9F9-D64B880F5DCD.jpeg

B8622788-82FD-4675-AA9C-45640F9D19BF.jpeg

C01A9EA1-FBB0-4E54-9469-36BE0E744DF2.jpeg

DF75213F-757A-4702-BAE4-B1CFFC2C6124.jpeg

7 answers to this question

I use Eco Wheel Cleaner on everything except the Range Rover and I always remind myself and everyone else that I hate the wheels on it.  At some point, they'll get replaced either by a different vehicle or just the rims themselves.  For the Range Rover, the rimes get so nasty that I usually have to go over them twice.  Once I see the gunk start to run a bit, then I start cleaning them off.

It’s fixed guys. GTG. Finishing polish and a white pad on the swirl killer mini. Very little effort and once over fixed it. But, that’s what it took. I tried finishing polish and revive by had to no avail.  Eco wheel cleaner is a placebo product IMHO. A solution looking for a problem.  I wanted the iron decon capability while they were off was the only reason I reached for the wheel cleaner.  Not bagging the product. It’s been good to me. Was the first use on these wheel.  Not what I wanted to do today, but a blessing in disguise. Wheels look great. In fact, they actually look amazing. 

I thought about even starting a separate thread on this next statement, but this was also an opportunity to try out ceramic spray for the first time. All I have to say is hhoooo-Lleeeee COW. Stuff is amazing.  Best way I can think of to describe it is way more pop. Just seems glossier than regular ceramic coating. This pic does not serve justice at all. 

F4B54E87-D17B-48DD-B91B-C1A6206D998C.jpeg